Calorie counting junk food you don't eat!

Options
One way I really stay focus on my diet so far is I've calculated in my head what junk food would have cost me calorie wize. One muffin is 450 calories with 22g of fat. I had a tin of muffins and I gave them away promptly.
Then today at work someone offered me chocolates. I took a bite but when I saw they were 180 calories I spit out the one I had and told myself to give the others away.

"spit it out Jess. Spit it out! 180 calories. that's insane.not worth it. the only one you cheat is yourself"

Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• traceyfunk
    Options
    The only reason I would spit something out is if the taste wasn't worth the calories - probably not likely to happen with chocolate.
    The only way for this to be successful in the long run is to find balance. I'm not giving up sweets forever, so I'm not giving up sweets now. A whole tin of muffins? Well of course you share - who needs several muffins?
  • yvette2lose
    yvette2lose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree, I do eat junk, but less often and smaller amounts than I used to. I'm one of those people that can't be told that I can't have a certain type of food. I immediately overeat that one thing. I find that when I allow myself to have a little bit of sweets, I'm less crazy and it's easier for me be successful.
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I do this. I think it's a good thing! It keeps you from flying off the deep end, which I've done in the past. However, ocassionally (maybe once every 2 weeks to once every month) I'll "treat" myself.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have kind of caught myself doing things like that before. Only I will be grocery shopping and see something not on my list that I think sounds good. So I pick up the package flip it over look at the calories per serving and how much a serving really is and promptly put it back on the shelf and walk away.

The other thing I do though is say I want some chips or something....I will look at everything available to me and check the calorie count of each one. If the lowest calorie count is a flavor I don't like I either don't get it or I just deal.
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    *raises hand sheepishly* Guilty!

I would never spit it out if anyone was watching, but yes, I have done it.

Your thought process on the calories pretty much mirrors mine. I really do try to find lower caloire/healthier options.