MIL stories

Options
scrapbooklady
scrapbooklady Posts: 77 Member
Too much to post here but my MIL is seriously ridiculously CRAZY! I could not make up the *kitten* that comes out of her mouth and the way she treats my dear sweet husband.

Example -- we are having a big event in our lives in Jan and I made the invites and my hubby did the calligraphy on the envleopes. It is unbelievable how beautiful they came out. We got so many compliments. When he spoke to her he mentioned how I did the invite and he did the calligarphy. Her response and yes she was being totally serious - "The calligraphy was not so hot, I'm sorry to say."

Example -- For this same event we will be having a dinner at night at my parents' house -- "I will not be attending because I am not to keen on being out after dark. I assume the event will be catered and you will be sending some of the food over to my apartment." REALLY?????

Example -- She just sent holiday gifts for my kids (checks). Mty husband called to tell her thank you and that we received them. They do not have the best relationship (wonder why??) so we don't call her that often but she on principle NEVER calls us. Not ever, seriously. When he called to thank her, her response in a very sarcastic tone was, "OH! Is that what I have to do to get you to call me? Send you mail? But I wonder if there were no checks inside if I still would ahve gotten a phone call?"

I could go on and on but I won't. I am just shocked that anybody could think that way, let alone treat their own SON that way!!!!

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I think you have the same MIL as I do.
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Mine's awful, too. But to me, not my husband. She likes to outright lie or be passive-aggressive, and sometimes she's just a straight-up *****. One of her favorite things in the world is to bring up an ex-girlfriend who my husband dated waaaayyyy back in like 1995 (we've been married since 2000). She likes to go on and on about how much the whole family loved her, blah blah blah. One year at Christmas we were back visiting and she gave me a bunch of photos of my husband at various ages growing up. "Here, I thought you'd like to have some", she says. I'm all "Wow, thanks!". As I look through them there's one of him and the ex together at Christmas time. No joke. I said "Gee, thanks" as I hold it up for her. She got all pissy and said "I KNEW you'd say that". Really *****? Then why the **** did you give it to me? Luckily my husband will always take my side against her.

Also, she used to send my older daughter cards on her birthday, but not my younger one. Mainly because the older one looks a lot like her. My husband told her to never do that again, either both or neither. Now she never sends a thing. Not for Christmas, not for birthdays. She never calls my girls, ever (they live on the other side of the country).
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    My MIL has passed but when she was alive, my husband and I had a misunderstanding with her about 1 son receiving a bday check and 1 that didn't. We were mistaken but she had sent it 5 months after his birthday. Even after we told her we were wrong, she sent a certified letter to my son, with a copy of the check saying I must have stolen it and what an evil person I was (I think the check was about $20) We never talked again after that.