Recommend your HRM

Options
I am thinking about getting a heart rate monitor for Christmas. I would just like some recommendations from those of you who have one. Thanks

Replies

• Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and I love it!
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    same polar ft4.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60. It has a built in training program and fitness test. And you can later add on things like a footpod that tracks speed and distance if you choose.
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Timex zone trainers, had mine for ever and love it, it is easier to use than the polar, and in my opinion better than the polar ones.
  • kuzurichan
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and I love it!

Me too. :) I heard the FT7 is good too, but I only know that my FT4 is great.
    I did a review a while ago, if you'd like to read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740233-polar-ft4-heart-rate-monitor-a-review
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a timex and it works great but is ugly (personal problem there lol). i had a new balance from costco but its waterproofedness was not there and everytime i would work out and start warming up the screen would get all foggy from condensation on the inside lol.

I just bought myself a Garmin Forefunner 210 GPS watch and plan to get the garmin hrm strap to go with it (some come w/ it, but i wanted the pretty white and green one which didn't). so i can't vouche for how good it works as a HRM but as a GPS tracking watch its awesome!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have used all brands and the Polar is by far the best working, most reliable and best UI. All my opinion but I have tried all of them. If this is your first try at a HRM I would suggest one of the FT models by Polar as they are easy to use and will have all the features you will want. Good luck
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    polar H7 and iphone 5 or any smartphone and bluetooth chest strap

pictures paint 1000 words

Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled-1.png
    Untitled3.jpg
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've used the Wahoo Fitness Run Pack for iPhone with the Digifit App for well over a year. Not perfect but pretty darn good. Ok for basic recording/tracking of workouts, reasonably customize-able screen, and fitness assessments that you can use to calibrate the HRM. Because it's ANT+ I have the flexibility to use it with other stuff if I choose.

Had a timex Timex briefly but wasn't a big fan of it. Good value but quirky. Not the greatest display. Hated the PC syncing & software.

Everyone loves polars. Just keep in mind batteries in many models aren't user replaceable so there is hassle, downtime, and extra expense to get service when the battery dies.

Really like the look of the Suunto HRM's and watches. Wouldn't recommend them if you want a budget HRM or lots of features for the $.
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7. Works great nothing to complicated!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled-1.png
    Untitled3.jpg

Can you explain. I have an iphone4. Are there HRM I can link to that.
  • mirthfuldragon
    mirthfuldragon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Garmin FR70, because it comes with the ability to log your data to Training Peaks, BeginnerTriathlete, and Garmin Connect, plus compatibility with the footpod and bike cadence / speed sensors. Add to that fully customizable training zones, a comfortable chest strap, user-replaceable batteries across the board, and you have a solid device. The only downside is that it lacks GPS, but for the price, it's a solid piece. Also, it uses the ANT+ standard, which is what most cycling gear uses. ANT will also rule out any interference from any of the ubiquitous Polar devices.

I come home, drop my watch by my computer, and my data is automatically uploaded to Training Peaks and Garmin Connect.
  • krainbird
    krainbird Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin 610 Forerunner. I love it and it does so much. If you don't plan on using it outdoors, this might not be the watch for you. I purchased it for the intent on using in indoors only but when I learned what it could do I started using it outside.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I have a timex and it works great but is ugly (personal problem there lol). i had a new balance from costco but its waterproofedness was not there and everytime i would work out and start warming up the screen would get all foggy from condensation on the inside lol.

I just bought myself a Garmin Forefunner 210 GPS watch and plan to get the garmin hrm strap to go with it (some come w/ it, but i wanted the pretty white and green one which didn't). so i can't vouche for how good it works as a HRM but as a GPS tracking watch its awesome!

I LOVE my garmin 210!!!
  • MagnaSky
    MagnaSky Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have Suunto M5 and love it. It is very easy to use. You can do fitness test and select if you want to improving fitness, weight management or free training. It also suggests how many hours to exercise, how many hours of rest you need based on the intensity of your workout. You can also preset your daily training program. If you buy it with the movestick, which I have, I can upload all my activities online to keep track. You can purchase all kinds of additional gadgets for running, biking, GPS, etc. I do not have any of those, but do use iPhone app when I run or walk, it keeps track of my distance and speed and sinks with my other data online. I have had it for a year and really love it.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 for me. Keep in mind anything by Timex is known to over report for women.
  • BetterThanThor
    Options
    Polar FT7
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options

Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled-1.png
    Untitled3.jpg

Can you explain. I have an iphone4. Are there HRM I can link to that.

The plain old iphone4 has substandard bluetooth connect-ability, the 4s and the 5 have a better bluetooth.. You can get an adaptor called Ant+ as mentioned above to work with the iPhone 4 in conjunction with wahoo fitness. Have a read about but bear in mind if you are on an old iPhone 4 you'll need and adaptor antenna thingie .

Pm me if you want more info I rarely come on the boards
  • sitinthehall
    Options
    I have a cheap strapless Mio Motiva. I like it. Works well even when I sweat, which some people complain about. I think if you're looking to try a hrm, the Motiva might be worth checking out.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40, just love it. It has everything you need.