D@mn office catering!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    choose the low fat food or count rhe calories u need!
    or u can eat less after the day!

Hold up.

What do you have against eating fat???
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I've been out of work for a month and the office caterers don't visit the house. Funny this is, I've been eating a lot of crap and not exercising very much.

I know that the simple solution is that the problem is not my environment, but the choices I make. I know if I work hard enough, I can come up with some explanations for my choices that will garner support from the forum, and help me focus on some external issue to blame.

Problem is, I'm quite lazy. So I'm stuck with facing the truth of my situation: what I eat, what I do ends up being a result of what I put in my mouth and what actions I take. My environment has as much influence on those decisions as I allow.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Hold up.

oh don't be a silly willy

why on god's green earth do you think they call it FAT? it makes you FAT FAT FAT. even I no that
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Hold up.

oh don't be a silly willy

why on god's green earth do you think they call it FAT? it makes you FAT FAT FAT. even I no that

:grumble:
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Another thing that might stop you or keep dmage to minimum... Log what you think yoy jst can not resist bedore a bite, guess recipe to get good estimate. Chance is yoy will say holy crap...not worrh it and toss ir or pass...
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Stuff yourself with non starchy vegetables at breakfast and lunch and low sugar fruits so that you physically could not eat cake. There is nothing wrong with eating cheese if you exercise portion control, calcium is important in strong bones, muscle contraction and research suggests it may be associated with lower bodyfat.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Willpower is your only real option.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem at my office. And the food sits on a table directly in front of my cubicle. You should see how many people are snacking all day long. The way I avoid it is to make sure I bring a ton of food to work (my goal is to see how much food I can fit into my calorie allotment every day) and then JUST SAY NO. It's really hard, but it's definitely doable.
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @srsteier - the catering is usually left in my general area so it's hard not to have it in your line of vision. I guess that I should really keep some healthy snacks nearby and whenever I'm tempted by the catering just have the healthy snack instead :smile:

that would never work for me, cause then i'd eat both the healthy snacks AND the catering. :)