realistic goals for body fat %

Options
I'm getting my body fat % measured on Tuesday and was curious what a realistic goal would be when I try to lose? 1% per month? 3%? 5%?

Or should I even set monthly goals? or should it be more like 3 months? I'm unfamiliar with realistic goals when it comes to this.
Input would be awesome! thanks :smile:

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of anyone reducing fat on monthly basis by bf %...It's probably going to take a while to reduce the percentage numbers substantially.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    5-6 months
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Try taking monthly body measurements. BF% can be measured monthly as well. Depending on how lean you already are, don't expect the BF% to drop rapidly.
  • Xandriarose
    Xandriarose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I kind of realized after I had posted this that it is probably different for each person and might be a difficult thing to set monthly goals off of. I read online that if a person is losing between 1-2lbs per week it generally should be equivalent to about 1% body fat per month. Not sure how accurate this is, but from that information I'll just get my measurement done every 3 months or so. Thanks again