Men's Christimas Ideas Needed

Options
BroiledNotFried
BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
Help! My husband is in his early 40s and I haven't a clue of what to get him for Christmas.
Ideas needed.

He just started training for a half-marathon. I think he has everything. He's been shopping.
He played hockey. Has it all except a pair of figure skates. LOL.
He travels alot for his job. Again, he has everything.

I usually come up with something really good. But, this year I am at a total loss other then a pair of those gloves wtih the fingertip thing for his I-phone. Yes, he has 2 I-pads. . . .
. . . . .

Any ideas?

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    If he has a mustache - a trimmer and oil, wax also if it's one of those cool curly mustaches.
  • 6ig6lue
    Options
    As a man, you can never go wrong with a Home Depot or Lowes gift card. A man can never have too many tools. I get one every year and even though its the same gift every Father's Day, Birthday, and Christmas, it will never get old!!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Naked Pictures.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    As a man, you can never go wrong with a Home Depot or Lowes gift card. A man can never have too many tools. I get one every year and even though its the same gift every Father's Day, Birthday, and Christmas, it will never get old!!

Sorry, but please don't get your husband gift cards, it's just tacky
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Season tickets to something awesome? Fantasy sports camp vacation? Race car driving lessons at the track? Ticket on the first commercial space flight?
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You're gonna have to get creative. Do something with photos to create a memory frame. Take a photo to Ginkos and have blown up to poster size, recolored or changed to black/white or some other creative thing to make it "arty"...it could be a photo of a pet, of your husband, of you, of a friend, of family.

One year I gave my husband what he always got for Christmas when he was growing up: New socks, undies, and handkerchiefs. He was thrilled out of his mind....brought back memories.

A toy or model that represents something he used to have or treasures....first car for example.

If you can spend a lot and he likes jewelry a pinkie ring???

Coupons for special treatment from you....back rubs, foot massages, a day of taking over his chores.

Gift certificate for professional massage.

That's all I got. Good luck.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Does he have a favorite hockey arena? I'm getting my fiance a framed picture of his stadium, the picture was taken at our first game together.
  • erice6911
    erice6911 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    put yourself in a red and white teddy,,,,,,,,,, lay in front of the christmas tree, with the fireplace on, and a bow on your hip..
    let him see that when he gets up in the mourning,,,,,merry christmas,,,indeed
  • 6ig6lue
    Options
    Naked pictures

Sorry but please don't give your husband naked pictures.. It's just tacky
  • mhaight85
    Options
    My husband says a man can never have too many tools or knives. He really likes pocket knives, that's what I got him last year.

This year I am getting him stuff to make fancy coffees at home. We had a date at Starbucks recently and he totally loved the frappucino. So I'm thinking some chocolate frappe mix, ground espresso, (we have a coffee maker that does drip or espresso), and chocolate covered coffee beans (just because they are yummy).

Maybe accessories/attachments for stuff he already has? Or a really nice appliance you could both enjoy (like a new grill, coffee maker, bluray player)?

A subscription to a magazine he likes? DVD/blue ray set of his favorite tv series or a new movie he'd like?

Sometimes my most unconventional ideas have been the best.... I got my husband an electric knife sharpener for his b-day one year and I'm pretty sure it's one of his favorite things I've bought for him.
  • mhaight85
    Options
    I personally see nothing wrong with gift cards, but I really enjoy giving an actual gift so I'd vote for something small with a gift card, like a new mug with the gift card stuck inside is a nice touch. :O)

My grandpa always gives us cash, but he gets creative with it. He's taped the $ to the inside of a serving spoon, folded up a cheap rug with $ inside, stuck $ under the lid of a can of mixed nuts, etc. The same could be done with a gift card!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    As a male in his early 40's here are my opinions;
    Gift cards are acceptable as long as they are not the standard. I am a firearm enthusiast, they do not come cheap nor would I ever consider asking anyone to spend that kind of money on me, however several gift cards and I have what I want.
    Pictures {tastefully done}; I know very few males that would turn them down.
    Think of something that he like to do that he would never consider doing for himself {sky diving; beer/steak of the month; a nice pair of Pajamas}. Has he mentioned something that he saw that he has since forgotten about?
    Does he have hobbies beyond fitness such as ships in the bottle or outdoors {hike; camp; photography}?

One of my sisters and I have a "standard" gift exchange I give her a Polar Bear calendar and a $25 gift card to Eddie Bauer, I get a Newfoundland dog calendar and $25 to Bass Pro.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Beer of the month is a really good idea. I am going to look into that.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you want to spend. Does he cycle- got my OH a turbo trainer recently for his birthday which he loved. Also a foam roller, a Family Guy DVD and annual. Tour de France DVDs, biography of someone he admires, photo gift- mug, mousemat etc.
  • 4everdieter
    4everdieter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A gift card might sound tacky but I think it is the way to go.:smile: I figure that way he can buy what he wants. If he has a favorite store or place he likes to eat at. If you don't want to get him a gift card for a certain place get him a bank gift card. I happen to work for a bank and they offer gift cards. It works like a charge card except it subtracts out what you purchase. When it gets down to a zero balance it can no longer be used. :laugh: I also think if your husband is a beer drinker you could go with Nikki31104. Good luck in finding just the right thing.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    First go to the library or bookstore and get the book " 1001 ways to be Romantic " by Gregory Godek. He has other books since then. There are sections for great gift ideas. How much are you willing to spend ? What doesn't he have ? Does he drink or spoke cigars ? Get something personalized for him. Get something for him that he wouldn't buy for himself , that gift will remain special.
  • 6ig6lue
    Options
    +1
  • sundevil513
    Options
    Shaving kit? or personal shave? Getting groomed is good for us guys too ya know!
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Wallet or Watch that is what my Dad asked for lol