So ive got 2190 cals a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone for the fast replies!

im 33
    22stone
    exercise most days, but have 4 proper gym sessions a week

At your weight you may want to only have those 4 days and just lift!
    Heavy!
    Right now you are appx 300lbs.
    At that weight, depending on height, youll have excess ATP in your system.
    If you screw around you will miss out on a huge opportunity to actually build muscle at a deficit.

check out www.stronglifts.com and download the report.
    If your gym has the equipment and you follow the program, you should be squatting over 200lbs in 12 weeks.
    The program torches fat!
    Id set calories at 2000/day with a zone type split on macros.
    Protein 30%
    Fat 30%
    Carbs 40%

Lift 3x a week and walk every day.
    Eat well.
    Take fish oil.
    Take a multivitamin.

Measure fat every week and if your waist is shrinking while you get stronger, you're doing it right!

Friend me if you need any support and i'll seed you out to my group!

I'm pretty much the same weight, is this program effective for women? The website keeps saying "..guys" so I'm not sure if it's relevant. I've been interested in lifting weights forever, but have been screwing around and not starting it, I think I'm just intimidated.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/805689-oh-no-i-ve-been-eating-2-000-cals-a-day

I meant the lifting program link you posted. I'm not afraid of 2000 calories at all, haha
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone for the fast replies!

im 33
    22stone
    exercise most days, but have 4 proper gym sessions a week

At your weight you may want to only have those 4 days and just lift!
    Heavy!
    Right now you are appx 300lbs.
    At that weight, depending on height, youll have excess ATP in your system.
    If you screw around you will miss out on a huge opportunity to actually build muscle at a deficit.

check out www.stronglifts.com and download the report.
    If your gym has the equipment and you follow the program, you should be squatting over 200lbs in 12 weeks.
    The program torches fat!
    Id set calories at 2000/day with a zone type split on macros.
    Protein 30%
    Fat 30%
    Carbs 40%

Lift 3x a week and walk every day.
    Eat well.
    Take fish oil.
    Take a multivitamin.

Measure fat every week and if your waist is shrinking while you get stronger, you're doing it right!

Friend me if you need any support and i'll seed you out to my group!

I'm pretty much the same weight, is this program effective for women? The website keeps saying "..guys" so I'm not sure if it's relevant. I've been interested in lifting weights forever, but have been screwing around and not starting it, I think I'm just intimidated.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/805689-oh-no-i-ve-been-eating-2-000-cals-a-day

I meant the lifting program link you posted. I'm not afraid of 2000 calories at all, haha

Lol, the weight lifting scares me too. I'm starting out "old school" with pushups and squats and what not. I was really glad when mfp linked to apps, because I picked up the runtastic pedometer which led me to the pushup and squats and sit ups apps. Considering last night was my 20 rep set and I was still struggling by the end, I think that was about the right speed for me.
  • amandaharmon10
    amandaharmon10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well all I can say is lucky you I only get 1350 a day.