Lyric Tattoos

Options
rlmiller73190
rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
Hey y'all. So I'm debating getting a tattoo with my siblings when I go back to my hometown in a few weeks. "Little Victories" is my absolute favorite Matt Nathanson (my favorite artist) song and I've wanted to get some version of it tattooed on me. I think I have decided that I'm going to get just the song title "Little Victories" tattooed on me, but since it's my first tattoo, I wanted to go small and keep it on my wrist or somewhere where I can see it but it won't get too stretched out. The entire song is a reminder to me of why I do what I do and how I want to live my life. I also think now is a perfect time because at this stage in life I am having a lot of little victories, especially since I survived a recent, unexpected, devastating break up and am thriving :) I attached a link to the song if y'all wanna listen to it.

Who has lyrics tattooed on their body? Where at? I've heard mixed reviews about wrist tattoos, but I'm not sure where else to put a small tattoo that I can see on my body. I definitely don't want to put it on my feet.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_T-B1OA2M

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Wrist tattoo are tricky.

I believe that it is becoming more sociably acceptable, but I sure wouldn't want it to keep me from getting a job in the future..

PS.
    Good Song!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have love tattooed on my wrist. I can hide it with a watch or bracelet if I need to. I sort of have a song tattoo on my forearms but not words. I have a birdcage on one and a blue bird on the other. Based off an Avett Brothers song. If its inportant to you and always will be - do it.
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    I was a little concerned about that placement too, but I'm planning on getting it on my "watch wearing" wrist and to have it small enough so that it could be covered by a watch or a bracelet while I'm on the job. I'm not sure where else to put it!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I was a little concerned about that placement too, but I'm planning on getting it on my "watch wearing" wrist and to have it small enough so that it could be covered by a watch or a bracelet while I'm on the job. I'm not sure where else to put it!

Then perfect!
    Go for it
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    ui5sU.jpg
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My best girl friend from second grade and I got a tattoo together when we were just about to graduate college. We got matching blue flowers on our right hip. The flower kind of curves around the hip bone and fits our bodies nicely. It's something we'll always have to share. We had decided to do it together after also going skydiving, wine tours, and doing a few other things on our bucket lists. I think it's still beautiful and always will be meaningful.

Edited to add: The flower design fit us because it had a friendship meaning on one level, but also on an individual level, for me anyway, it represented my love of the wild, something that can grow and flourish in the face of adversity -- a symbols of strength and beauty. And of course happiness.

Enjoy yours! :flowerforyou:
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    My best girl friend from second grade and I got a tattoo together when we were just about to graduate college. We got matching blue flowers on our right hip. The flower kind of curves around the hip bone and fits our bodies nicely. It's something we'll always have to share. We had decided to do it together after also going skydiving, wine tours, and doing a few other things on our bucket lists. I think it's still beautiful and always will be meaningful.

Edited to add: The flower design fit us because it had a friendship meaning on one level, but also on an individual level, for me anyway, it represented my love of the wild, something that can grow and flourish in the face of adversity -- a symbols of strength and beauty. And of course happiness.

Enjoy yours! :flowerforyou:

Beautiful! My brother's getting tattoos that represent my sister and I, and my sister and I were going to get matching tattoos because we're best friends but we couldn't decide on one yet, so we might just have to do another round :)
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I have a heart and an Egyptian ankh on my right wrist and the words "Love Life" . Do whatever makes you happy.
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    ui5sU.jpg

hahaha I love this! Thanks for the giggles :)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I have grouplove lyrics on my collarbone. I got the tattoo last year and it is a constant reminder that I need to soften up & be more open when it comes to love.

I love your idea.

I plan on FINALLY getting my Brand New lyrics tattoo next (well, after my anchor).
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    I LOVE the collar bone! How bad did it hurt? That's my other option, because I know I can definitely hide it when I go into work. Do you need a lot of touchups?
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    2egacms.jpg

I'm getting an anchor tattoo next with a verse on it. It's going to be going down my left thigh....which I'll be getting when I lose another 5 lbs. I'm ready for it. :) Btw, love your idea!!
  • KrayKira
    KrayKira Posts: 230
    Options
    I have both my wrists tattoo'd *they are just 2 out of the 8 I have*
    Amigos with a flower on the left and Delilah with a paw print on the right *Yep I got my dogs paw print on my wrist*
    Wasn't the worst spot I have had tattoo'd *I think my foot will forever hold that title*

I only regret one tattoo but it's more the location and that is the Tribal cat on my upper arm.. hangs out under sleeves and is just not attractive at all.....
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options

so far, I only have that japanese sign (means demon) on my wrist, the lyrics gonna be real soon (right there its just a fake one to see how it looks), its the refrain of calibans "dein r3.ich"
    I also want another one on my waist, the S.C.A.V.A. lyrics og Hollywood Undead
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    Thanks y'all for sharing! Your tattoos look awesome!!! I think I'm almost sold on getting it done on my collarbone... I'm gonna have the artist draw them both out for me so I can see
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I'm getting a wist tattoo as well in a few weeks. With my beloved deceased cats name and paw prints.. I say if you want it go for it..It's your body, your choice....

& I like it!!
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have both my wrists tattooed and I kept them hidden from my dad for almost a year. It's easy when you get them small enough to cover with bracelets and watches. Go for it, I love mine!
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have 8 tattoos in total one being on my wrist, its a little tender to get one there but looks good and if you need to cover it for whatever reason you can do it with a bracelet or something. Mine is a memorial tattoo for my cousin who passed away a few years ago.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have a Japanese symbol on my neck my very first tattoo that means Serenity. I wanted that tattoo because I got my divorce and plus too it's my favorite Godsmack song.

xknigy.jpg
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    Very cool! I LOVE hearing the stories behind people's tattoos! Thanks so much for the support, encouragement, and ideas!