First Fitness NSV ( I have a fitness NSV... ME!!!)

Options
WDEvy
WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
I use to swim quite a bit as a kid and up to the time I realize that my body wasn't swimsuit suitable ( 12,13 ish) I used to do competitive swimming and synchronized swimming, it was something I really missed.

Fast forward 8 weeks ago, 100+ lbs more than I was as a kid and 30 lurking around the next page of the calendar. I decided I was gonna start swimming again. Yes, of course I thought everyone would start throwing up or point a finger and laugh as soon as I would walk around the pool in a bathing suit but I decided that taking up a fitness activity that I enjoyed was more important.

Well, guess what!! No one laughed or cared so I started going more regularly. So what's my NSV? Well, 8 weeks ago when I tried swimming again, I managed 26 laps, in 28 minutes and I was hurting so much, I wasn't even able to put my bra back after. Today, I did 70 laps, in 53 minutes and... I FEEL AWESOME!!!!

I'm so happy, I feel like a million bucks! Watch it 100 laps! Here I come!

Replies

• HuskerPower66
    HuskerPower66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you're a major inspiration and example of hard work and perseverance! Great job!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That's so great!!! I wish I could swim (does dog paddle count?) LOL ... I bet you're burning some calories AND having fun!
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job lady!! I am so happy for you and proud of you!!

Great NSV!!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    amazing! that's so awesome!
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    5 thumbs up! WTG. One foot in front of the other :) or in your case - one stroke at a time. Thanks for sharing!
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Wonderful and good for you!!! Keep at it!!
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    Wao! Congrats! You will be at 100 in no time :smile:
  • joconnor09
    Options
    Amazing job! I've been meaning to get back into swimming, but the idea of people seeing me in a suit and out of shape has been holding me back. But you're absolutely right- don't pay attention to anyone else, and do what you want to do!
  • You are such an inspiration! You have really challenged yourself and charged ahead in your goal to a healthier lifestyle. Wonderful job! PS. You look like a million, too. :flowerforyou:
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's great- both for you (personal victory) and for others (to inspire them to just go for it) Thank for sharing it with us.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the key to a healthy lifestyle you can maintain for the rest of your life is: DO the things you love. Major NSV, for you, and everyone else who dipps a toe into the pool, and returns to a way of MOVING that means some joy in your heart.

What else do you love to do, or have always wanted to try?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Wow that's amazing, congrats! You're such an inspiration. Well to be honest, I can only manage to do 40 laps even now so you're doing great :)
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Booyah! Awesome share and I totally can relate. Thanks!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    That's is TERRIFIC!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words!
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That is sooo great!!! Congrats to you and God Bless!!
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    THat is a great NSV. Congratulations!
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wao! Congrats! You will be at 100 in no time :smile:

And minus 100 (those 100 pounds!) in no time! Way to go!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Fitness NSV's are soooo satisfying! Awesome job!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!