10 lbs heavier but big positive difference! (WITH PICS)

Options
Oops I should have written "Almost 10 lbs. heavier" but oh well blame my slow internet connection. Well this isn't really a weight loss before-after pic since I've been maintaining for over a year now and in fact I gained 2.3kg or almost 10 lbs. Normally I should have freaked out but the clothes, mirror and the pics are telling me something different. I'm one clothes size down now :bigsmile:

Anyway its been also over a year since I started lifting heavy and right now I squat, deadlift, lunge a 66kg barbell (144 lbs.) and for bench press, I just progressed to 35.5kg (80 lbs.).

This is me from February 2012 at 53kg (115 lbs.), US size 4
Amici011.jpg

Dec 2012 at 55.3kg (123 lbs.) at US size 2 - pics just taken a few hours ago
P10101844.jpg
P10101888.jpg
P1010190.jpg

Moral lesson: DITCH THE SCALES BABY!! :wink:

Replies

• McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love seeing your progress. Such a great motivation to see the gain in a good way.
  • Lizsullie
    Lizsullie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Can't wait to start lifting.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Very strong and confident :flowerforyou: (by the way, the conversions are tripping me up a little... I think 2.3 kg is more like 5 pounds?)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) Its one reason I LOVE LOVE barbells.
    (by the way, the conversions are tripping me up a little... I think 2.3 kg is more like 5 pounds?)
    Oh yea sorry about that, that should be 56 & not 55 BAH :embarassed: I'm still adjusting with the pound measurements coz I'm more used to metric measurements but the trainer at the gym recorded my weight in pounds and so when I weighed in this week, the scale said 123 lbs.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Conversions confuse the heck out of me too :laugh: five or ten pounds, you look amazing either way! I recently started a strength training program too and could only hope to look as awesome as you in the future!
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great Job on your workout and positive gains!!
  • ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow, looking good, your very inspirational for what anyone can achieve if they want to.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!