sore from workout or something else?

I last worked out on Wednesday. I didn't do anything too out of the ordinary. On Tuesday I did Brazil Butt Lift that I haven't done in months and my legs were a bit sore. Wednesday I went up to level 2 on Jillian Michaels' Killer Abs. Prior to this I was working out 4 times a week and have never been this sore. My arms and whatever muscles are by your ribs but like under your armpit are sore.

I have other things going on in my life and I might have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

So 3 days ago I worked out for 30 minutes and am sore just to move, go from sit to stand, and pick up my arms. I don't show signs of flu or any other virus and otherwise I feel fine...just really really tired.

Could it be my workout or could it be something else?

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Impossible to say. But seems a bit suspicious of something other than exercise. Go see a doctor if it doesn't get better in the next few days.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    So you worked out the other day and you're sore today? Well obviously that's from....wait, what's the question here?
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    I was once like this and it was definitely a virus.

Still, even if you work out regularly you can get quite sore after a day or a couple of days of having tried a different kind of exercise.
    I strength train three times a week, do cardio four or five times a week and i still get QUITE sore every three months when it's time to learn the new choreography in our bodybalance routine.

I hope you feel bettr soon!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    In the heyday of my workouts, I started developing severe pain in my right shoulder. I thought I was working out too hard. I found out shoulder pain was a symptom of pregnancy. Found out I was pregnant a few days later.
  • So you worked out the other day and you're sore today? Well obviously that's from....wait, what's the question here?
    the question is if I could still be sore from a regular workout done 3 days ago
    In the heyday of my workouts, I started developing severe pain in my right shoulder. I thought I was working out too hard. I found out shoulder pain was a symptom of pregnancy. Found out I was pregnant a few days later.
    haha, that shop is shut DOWN. thanks though :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    So you worked out the other day and you're sore today? Well obviously that's from....wait, what's the question here?
    the question is if I could still be sore from a regular workout done 3 days ago

Of course you can. You could also have a cold, as someone else suggested. The point is that there is nothing out of the ordinary here