Can you save your workout calories??

Options
Does anyone save their #Workout #calories ? Like I burnt 500 today and will only track 300 on #mfp. Save 200 a day I don't workout? There will be some days over the next two weeks I can't work out so I want to still be allowed more cals! Love to know your thoughts!

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I don't log my workouts because I already have my allowance set to account for them (1,800), but I do "zig-zag". I may eat 1,600 a couple of days and make up the difference with a 2,200 calorie day later in the week. I like this method so I can eat a little more or have a couple beers on the weekends. Ultimately, I shoot to average 1,800 for the week.

This week I am going into the weekend with about 600 "leftover" calories to use for Saturday and Sunday.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    When you work out your body goes through trauma.
    You feed to repair that trauma.
    If you are in a caloric deficit and dont have the building blocks to feed that trauma then you are doing it wrong.

so yesterday I lifted heavy.
    If I ate a 200cal snack then went to bed, id be in pretty bad shape today.
    But i'm smarter than that.

Stay smart!
    Eat right!

Skylark knows her ****.
    Listen to her!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Does anyone save their #Workout #calories ? Like I burnt 500 today and will only track 300 on #mfp. Save 200 a day I don't workout? There will be some days over the next two weeks I can't work out so I want to still be allowed more cals! Love to know your thoughts!

Yes.

However I wouldn't take it to any extremes. A few hundred calories redistributed throughout the week should be fine provided you don't suffer any performance or recovery issues.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

I try to focus on my weekly numbers trying to balance my "over" calorie days with "under" calorie days ending up close to even on Sunday.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I log them when I do them. And I just keep my eye on the week to be sure I stay under for the week. Occasionally go over a bit here and there on a day, but so far not for a week.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    your body works more on a weekly basis rather then day-to-day.

if you over eat on monday by 100 calories, and on tuesday you go under by 100, then you broke even.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yup.

I notice I'm not nearly as hungry on training days as I am on rest days, so some times I won't eat all of my exercise calories back. This allows for some wiggle room if I'm absolutely ravenous the next day. Like another poster said, I just try to average it out throughout the week.

Some days I'm hungry, some days I'm not. Following my body's signals has always worked for me.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Only if I burn a lot for a day (+2000). I'm usually not extremely hungry till the next day or so.

If you have the mobile app, it has some fantastic charts on a weekly view and gives you your weekly total calories. I WISH this was on the web site.