Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Over what period did you gain the 2lb?

1 week I weighed myself last Saturday and today

1) you are probably not on a deficit if you bulking cals were 3,100 and you are on 2,900
    2) the actual gain will be impacted by water retention.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options

1) you are probably not on a deficit if you bulking cals were 3,100 and you are on 2,900

I just checked my food diary I was not eating 2900 callories someone entered a food in the MFP wrong so i was entering callorie lower than it was I fixed this now and I should be fine I dont know stick with 2900 or continue with 2800 i dont want to lose to much weight and lose muscle
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I just checked my food diary I was not eating 2900 callories someone entered a food in the MFP wrong so i was entering callorie lower than it was I fixed this now and I should be fine I dont know stick with 2900 or continue with 2800 i dont want to lose to much weight and lose muscle

Strength train and get your protein in and you should not lose muscle mass. If you were bulking on 3,100 you need to go lower. How much did you gain over what period on 3,100?
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

Strength train and get your protein in and you should not lose muscle mass. If you were bulking on 3,100 you need to go lower. How much did you gain over what period on 3,100?

i gained roughly 1lb a week
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

i gained roughly 1lb a week

At 1 lb a week, your TDEE would be about 2,600, so 2,900 is quite a bit above that so you are effectively still bulking. You should decrease to about 2,000 - 2,300 to cut.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Same thing has happened to me. I was on Plateau for one week and then gained two pounds even though I eating my exact calories. My food hasn't changed but I think it might be the water.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Same thing has happened to me. I was on Plateau for one week and then gained two pounds even though I eating my exact calories. My food hasn't changed but I think it might be the water.

its frustrating