Gaining weight despite exercise and eating good.

Options
So about... 5 days ago I joined the forums and decided to be meticulous about what I eat, when I eat, and how much of these things I eat.

I work out, irregularly. However I still work out a minimum of 3x a week burning about 400-700 Cal each time. My cal intake is 1200 if I do not work out and about 1500-2000 if I do. I have remained within the standards of the calculator on this site and I do look a " tiny " bit skinnier. Maybe its just my mind fooling me. I will upload some photos. I let my stomach slack in these photos to see how much " FAT" i lose not how much more toned my stomach is.

I wear a size 8-10 in jeans depending on the brand. But a small/medium top. I weighed 164 officially the day I got on the scale. I dropped down to 160 2 days ago. After extremely vigorous work outs and eating great. Now my weight is back up to 162. It is irritating. I am not weight lifting, just Cardio.

I realize it is probably muscle since everyone in my family put it on super easy.. but it's irritating. Once you gain weight in my family even if you get healthy and in shape your weight doesn't really go back down. I don't want to be bulky like i was in the army. I weighed 155 right over the limit for my weight but i never failed tape. I could max my push ups, i did ok on sit-ups, but i was a horrible runner.

So I guess I'm mostly venting frustration and wondering how long it took you guys to lose weight and notice it. I am currently 162 pounds I am trying to get down to 130. Before I joined the army i was 122 and curvy. That was my happy weight however I will be happy with 130 in shape.

I'll upload these pics in a sec

Replies

• faupster
    faupster Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't focus so much on the scale. Motivation is in the mirror.

The problem with weighing is that bodyweight can change daily of up to 5 pounds, with water, food and various other factors. If you really want to use a scale my suggestion is once a week and in the morning. But only use that as a extra point of view, like I said just focus on the mirror.

For example, I weigh almost as much as when I started seriously working out BUT I am down 3 pants sizes and have a lot more muscle.

Just keep working hard, the changes will come.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates 2-5lbs daily......there is your answer.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options

The problem with weighing is that bodyweight can change daily of up to 5 pounds, with water, food and various other factors. If you really want to use a scale my suggestion is once a week and in the morning. But only use that as a extra point of view, like I said just focus on the mirror.

For example, I weigh almost as much as when I started seriously working out BUT I am down 3 pants sizes and have a lot more muscle.

Just keep working hard, the changes will come.

^^^ This
    my trainer tells me this all the time, Good advice!
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 months before I saw scale results. I actually gained 10ish lbs those months and then they dumped off with another two in about 2 or 3 weeks. I had already lost a pants size by then. You have much much much less to lose than I do, I wouldn't worry about the scale quite yet. I would worry about keeping on track and making healthy progress.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates 2-5lbs daily......there is your answer.

^^ This

And it's only been 5 days. Keep it up and be patient.