Lopsided?

Options
So, I'm trying on clothes today that to see what should stay and what should go and I noticed that the area around my waist and hips is lopsided. By this I mean that I have notiably lost weight and have slimmed down on my left side (around the love handle area) but I am lumpy and my love handle is more noticeable on my right side! Competitive swimming is my workout and I do underwater weight training for strength exercises. Also, my ab workouts are in the pool where I do crunches and reverse leg lifts, as well as, oblique training. So what gives?

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone noticed that one side of their body is getting in shape while the other side is kinda lagging behind???

Replies

• bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My friend's little sister is super skinny, no love handles, no nothing. But she has one hip that is bigger. I think it's just naturally bigger, I don't think she is carrying more weight there or anything. So maybe one of your hips is just naturally bigger and because you've lost weight you're noticing it. I guess if it was me I would just work that side a few more reps then the other for a few weeks and see what happens! Kind of a strange thing to happen! haha. good luck!!
  • mlove1307
    Options
    My one thigh is 1/2 inch bigger.. and my arm is 1/4 inch bigger on the same side. I think I am lopsided too!! But seeing as even our boobs aren't the same size, it doesn't surprise me! At least its all the same side for me.. haha
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just to be on the safe side, if you're genuinely concerned, go see your dr...
    : )
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Given your history of RA, I would definitely go see your dr... just to be safe.
    : )
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely way bigger on my right side. My stomach has always bulged out more on the right side. I've talked to docs about it and they never seem to think it's a big deal. My right bicep is about an inch bigger, my right thigh is about an inch and a half bigger, my boob is most definitely bigger, and my fingers are even bigger on the right side. I think it's all just normal lopsidedness for me. (At least I hope it's normal) ;-)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I have a muscle-lump on my right gluteal that is significantly bigger than my left. Kind'a curious about it, wondering what the cause is. I'm right handed, my right arm is noticeably more developed than my left (quit snickering,,,).

Anyways,,, not uncommon. Ask your Doc next time you see her/him.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Haha....we never "snicker" around here!!! :laugh:

Thanks guys for all of the input. I just found it kinda odd that I'm lumpy here and not so lumpy there. Since I'm a permanent fixture at my RA Doctor's office and I never cease to amaze him with odd questions and facts, I'll throw it past him.

And, I'll try the extra reps on that side too, just for giggles.