Always over on protein limit

Options
Hi all,
So I am always under my limit everyday for calories, fat and carbs however i'm always WAY over for protein. I really don't feel like I eat a crazy amout of it yet i'm always over by alot, is this bad? I've been pretty sucessful in losing weight so far so i'm gussing not but then why would my protein limit be so low? any input would be great :)

Rob

Replies

• lgsfca
    Options
    same thing happens with me and I am a near vegetarian. Protein is usually the category that I am over on every day as well. It makes me wonder if they have it right.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: a lot of people readjust their goals with higher protein percentages
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    IMO the default protein values that MFP gives you are WAY too low for most people, let alone dieters. I don't use them.
  • routsongk
    routsongk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You might want to check the goal percentages to make sure they are correct. The "normal" recommended breakdown of carbs, fats, and protein is 50%, 30%, and 20% respectively. I've also seen recommendations of 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein. Maybe by adjusting your goals to these values, you might find it easier to stay within limits.

334728.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    mine is set to 35 35 30. carbs , protein, fat.