I have a bad gym problem, I'm that guy...

Options
13»

Replies

• RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    There a lot of ladies in my Pilates and Yoga classes with the same problem. Hard to keep a straight face when you hear "their machine gun noises" when we are doing a "happy baby" or a "downward dog" movement.

Most of us skip the deep breathing exercises when that happens.:blushing:

LMAO!! Sooooo true! Poor guy next to me the other day went into downward dog and let an enormous one rip....it was bad (I of course started giggling, because I am very immature when it comes to farts!). There is actually a yoga pose called "wind releasing pose!!"
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    as my mommy taught me a loong time ago, more than 3 farts in a short amount of time might mean you have to take a poo even if you dont think so.

so grab a book, go assume the position on the toilet and see what happens :laugh:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    There a lot of ladies in my Pilates and Yoga classes with the same problem. Hard to keep a straight face when you hear "their machine gun noises" when we are doing a "happy baby" or a "downward dog" movement.

Most of us skip the deep breathing exercises when that happens.:blushing:

LMAO!! Sooooo true! Poor guy next to me the other day went into downward dog and let an enormous one rip....it was bad (I of course started giggling, because I am very immature when it comes to farts!). There is actually a yoga pose called "wind releasing pose!!"

*cancels yoga class before it ruins his perception of hot women*
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    7w7iL.gif
  • orangelobster
    Options
    Another poster here briefly mentioned "lactose intolerance" . I would give that some serious thought. I used to be the "fart king" as well and it turned out I was lactose intolerant. I didn't think I would be since I drank tons of milk as a kid, but apparently the body changes over time (besides the obvious things) and lactose problems can show up later in life.

If you're over 30 then it is a possibility.

lol on the poster who suggested bringing a dog to the gym
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    7w7iL.gif

Totally unrelated but I LOVE THIS GIF!!!!!!!!
  • MissLuana
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You poor man....had to laugh, and I am glad that you don't go to my gym! Good luck!

Ditto!!!
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I looked at about 10 days' worth of your diary. Lots of fruit & veggies, adequate protein, practically no junk food, looks great in that respect. You're averaging--what, 65 or 70 grams of fiber a day? That could very well be the cause of your gym problem.
  • foodie99
    Options
    My bf does it all the time, he blames it on all the protein drinks.

The protein powder definitely causes gas and the need to go! Drink them after the workout on your way home.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Custom make a workout shirt that reads, "Excuse Me."
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Are you eating foods that are labeled sugar-free? I learned that my body does not tolerate any of those sweeteners that end in "tol."
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Deal with it! If you eat a lot of protein no matter what form, you will be sure to pass gass and stinky too...lol
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Custom make a workout shirt that reads, "Excuse Me."

ROFL...love it!
  • georgie304
    Options
    This is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. Sorry I am no help... Just know you are not alone and it is what it is. Certainly people at the gym are all in the same boat. They all strain together and change their diets together and can relate to one another.
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there are capsules you can get with charcoal or some kind of anti-gas properties. Or maybe it is a certain food that you eat a lot of which is causing this, bananas, beans or some kinds of green veggies react badly with some people. Oh and never drink prune juice.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This is why I am sooooo glad I workout at home. LOL LOL LOL

I'm also very glad I'm not the only one who does this.

My husband laughs because while I use our guest bedroom to workout in, he can hear it all the way in the living room.

In all seriousness, when you are straining yourself and putting stress on your body, things are bound to come out.