Weight loss slowed down help !

Options
Hi I ve mean using this site since Christmas and lost a respectable amount if weight but have seem stopped losing weight have only got another 6lb to go have increased execising but still no results any ideas

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Change up the kind of exercise you do. Also change up your meals (if you find you're eating the same thing every day). Don't give up. That last little bit is the hardest.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Yes, don't give up! :flowerforyou: You may be at a plateau... body needs a bit of time to adjust then all of a sudden you will see it drop again - just stick with it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    keep in mind that the last bit of weight is always the hardest to loose, obviously, if you did lose a fair amount of weight since chrismast, your doing the right thing!

I lost an avrg of 5lbs a week 4 weeks in a row and this week 0! But I did lose 1" off my waist!

when you get to the end like that, your muscle built up can give you "false results" on the scale, muscles will replace the fat but since it's denser than fat you wont see a difference on the scale but might see one on the mesuring tape.

Thumbs ups on the progress so far!
    you're on the right track!

J
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    consider reducing your carbs and upping protein/fat. I've recently been watching my carbs and it really has shocked my system, my weight has steadily decreased this week. Just a thought.
  • brightonrosie
    Options
    Sometimes by giving your metabolism a boost, ie a really high fat meal like a curry or fish and chips, then returning immediately to healthy options can be the shock your body needs so it doesn't become complacent. Also up your calcium a little as fat binds to calcium ensuring a better loss. I too am on my final part of the journey and I have also found by swapping the vegetables I regularly eat and reducing the carbohydrates slightly, it has begun shifting again Good luck xx
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    This old post by banks (aka SHBoss) may help.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning?hl=plateau

I've been reading that the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose and you may want to aim for 1/4 or a 1/2 pound a week instead of a larger number.