To eat or not to eat????

Options
Hi All,

I really was not hungry for dinner last night but I had something anyway, I was wondering if you are not hungry for dinner is it better not to eat? I always tend to feel guilty if I eat when Iam not hungry.:happy:

Replies

• ElsieSailsTheSea
    Options
    IMO- to eat!:) Especially if your still under calories. Even if I'm feeling absolutely sh*tty, I always make sure to get at least 1200 calories in. Noo don't feel guilty! Your body needs food, so don't feel bad for feeding it.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I tend to not eat if not hungry, but I work on weekly average calories, so bit less one day, bit more another generally woks fine for me
  • mmiski
    mmiski Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always eat, dinner and always go to bed hungry. I use most of my calories for breakfast and lunch and my dinner is usually broccoli with Cheese from green giant which is only 60 calories. I try to give my metabolism something to always chew on so I can get it high gear which is one of the most helpful ways to lose weight
  • lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This week I've been feeling a bit under the weather so I haven't had much of an appetite. However, it's still good to make yourself eat something so you'll have energy. Even if it's just a bowl of cereal or an apple or something.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I always eat, dinner and always go to bed hungry. I use most of my calories for breakfast and lunch and my dinner is usually broccoli with Cheese from green giant which is only 60 calories. I try to give my metabolism something to always chew on so I can get it high gear which is one of the most helpful ways to lose weight

Your metabolism isnt a car. And 60 calories is not a meal.
  • Madelinew22
    Options

Your metabolism isnt a car. And 60 calories is not a meal.

lol

i just wait untill i am hungry tho im up till 11pm and if im not hungy and 5pm ill wait, if not 7pm ill still wait cuz i no that once i sit down after kids are asleep i get crazy munchies and i dont have to worry cuz i have calories left.
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I think is always better to eat, doesn't have to be a full meal but just something. I'm usually good about eating at certain times, but there's been the occasion where I don't or don't eat as much and I'm starving later on...this is a bad thing because that's when I fall into grabbing whatever is fastest and is usually nothing healthy.
  • 15kaspen
    15kaspen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I believe it's better to eat, even if you're not hungry. It doesn't have to be a filling meal or something; just give your body something to "chew" on, especially if you've got calories left. Even if I'm not hungry, I at least go for soup or toast or something. (:
  • ElsieSailsTheSea
    Options
    When I have a lot of calories left in my day, I like to go for sweet desserty things:D like an ice cream sandwich spread with almond or peanut butter and banana slices on top! It's like having a treat meal, except not really because I still have calories left! :smile: