Exercise tips and motivational friends needed please

Options
Hey, I'm 29, engaged, 2 children and work full time. Always seem to let life get in the way, or that's my rubbish excuse anyway ha!
I'm getting back on this properly now but would really like some positive people around me.
I joined the gym 3 months ago and have finally got to the stage of enjoying exercise. I do roughly 60/40 cardio and weights. 4-5 times a week for an hour and a half a time but haven't been watching what I'm eating. Now the diet starts again.. Any tips on the best exercise for fat loss? Thanks xx

Replies

• lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Lots of water, fruits, & veggies! :smile: I've also been on a soup kick lately since the weather has been getting cooler. The more I can plan meals out ahead of time, the more likely I am to stay on track and not impulsively eat something unhealthy.
  • Santa117
    Options
    If your up to it try HIIT workouts. High Intensity Interval Training. here's a link to some articles about it. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=HIIT
  • Heitor70
    Heitor70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    In a way it is how I begun. Gym and running routine first, then begin "diet". Diminish rations, without starving yourself. Eat whole wheat bread, rice, fruit and greens. Lean meats like chicken and turkey (not fried) Replace soda with natural fruit juice or water. Eating proteins will help you lifting heavier weights. The more you lift the better you will eat. At least, that is how I lost 35 lbs and gained muscle. Lose weight slowly, one or two lbs a week and be very patient. Congratulations on this new journey, it is great!!
  • fattymc
    Options
    Thanks guys, Appreciate your help. HIIT definitely interests me, u am still so unfit so would be a great way to help me along.
    Lots of water, fruit, veg and lean meats for me then, except Christmas of course.
    What's anyone's views on the 5:2 or every other day fasting?