Fitbit Weirdness

Options
I know others have covered this topic, but I still don't get it.

I walked 9067 steps so far today - 3.72 miles - and when I synced my fitbit to MFP, that was only enough for 93 calories from exercise... If I had put that walk right into MFP, I would have earned nearly 400 calories. What gives???? I am about to give up on fitbit. To see you've burned 1350 calories so far on it, and walked almost 4 miles, to net 93 calories is demotivating!!

I log my food into MFP, I let my fitbit sync (I don't enter exercise manually into fitbit), and it always says I burned one calorie and then gives me a calorie adjustment (in this case, 93 calories).

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for reading!

Replies

• Madelinew22
    Options
    ive noticed that anything after 1200 thats when u start getting calories back on mfp, but my fitbit is already at 11000 steps and 1900 cals so maybe u need to move more, also fitbits are not hrm so are only a glorified pedometer
  • mboland76
    mboland76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that helps! So if I had logged directly in MFP, it seems like it would have given me way too many exercise calories for that walk.
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    what i do is i set the timer and i log my workouts with that, it gives the cal burn for that session, and the time, fitbit will add up by the end of the day as long as u stay active, just dont sit around all day

and mfp is just a guess, some ppl burn 200 cals for a 20 min workout and and another person same height and weight and same workout might only burn 130. its all a matter of overal fitness and stamina or bf%
  • mboland76
    mboland76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks again! It is only 6 p.m., so my "moving around" isn't over yet. :) I'm going to keep at it.