I hate Pants. Pants are stupid.

Options

Replies

• ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of 13 shorts, a pair of 11, 9, and 5 sizes jeans. Out of all of those, the 11's fit loosely and the 5 fits snugly.

The other two I can't even get up over my hips. Big time WTF.

I always buy juniors. I'm short and petite clothing always assumes you have no hips (to which I most assuredly do.) Plus, women size's clothing always puts the crotch halfway down my knees and the waistband near my ribs. I hate Mom Jeans, so Junior's it is.

LOL that's what I HATE the most about women's sized jeans. I don't wear my pants at the waist, and don't need my crotch to sit at the knee.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    for the last 15 ears or so, I have shopped at Walmart...when I gained the weight, I ALWAYS selected "JUST MY SIZE"...I am 4'11" and at my highest weight wore a size 20 pant, and XXL for a top...THEY ALWAYS FIT, EVEN IN LENGTH...I have lost 36lbs and haven't bought anything new yet, but it's about time...I did wear a shirt yesterday that was provided by my employer several years ago, and it fit good..I think it is an XL, I don't know my latest pant size yet....but the size 20 pant is huge right now...I ONLY WEAR pants...I haven't owned a skirt in years...
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The problem is you're going from junior sizes (odd numbers) to misses sizes (even numbers). They are cut quite differently. Knowing which one is best for your body type is half the battle.

Junior sizes tend to be for people who are more narrow through the hips and wear a slimmer cut. They're called "juniors" because they were originally meant for teens who hadn't quite filled out yet, but now it's a common cut for women with a lean, narrow build.

Misses/women's are cut fuller through the hips.

That's why you might need a larger size in Juniors but can wear a smaller size in Misses/Women's. If you're curvy, Juniors are going to run small on you.

^^ THIS I don't wear juniors. I have a bubble butt and some hips. No juniors, just, No. Lol
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    That is how I feel today. Yesterday I put on a pair of pants to go to work, size 17. Today I put on a pair of pants to go to work, size 12. How the heck are you supposed to know what size you truly wear if they vary that much?? One of my goals is to get back into single digit pants, but I'm not sure how I'm going to really know that when one company's size 9 is another's size 13.

That's why I special order my jeans from a place that sizes them like men do (waist and inseam). I'm a 31w35l, btw. LOL.

I junior's size 15-17 is what I wore when I wore a Misses size 12. So that actually makes sense.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I like pants. I am wearing some RIGHT NOW!

*pantses Contrarian*
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Let's all NEVER wear pants again!
  • shella_bella
    Options
    I struggled with jeans for a long time. Now I am obsessed with them but only wear one brand, one or two styles. American Eagle jeans fit me perfectly
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I hate buying jeans. My legs are small and my butt is flat to non-existent so I stick with juniors. I do try to go with the more plain styles since I am closer to 40. My favorite places have been American Eagle and Aeropostale. Recently I did get some cute jeans from Target and plan to get more...they fit perfectly!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    PANTS
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    One of my goals is to get back into single digit pants, but I'm not sure how I'm going to really know that when one company's size 9 is another's size 13.
    One thing that's important in goal-setting is to choose a goal that's actually measurable. If you don't know which company's size 9 you want to fit into, your goal is meaningless.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Sizes have "grown" over the years, too. I am wearing a very old pair of size 12 Gap jeans that fit a bit loose, yet I purchased a pair of size 8 Eddie Bauer jeans recently that fit nicely and I have a very nice Pendleton suit in a size 5 that I can now fit. When I was a skinny 18 year old (5'5" at 115 lbs) I wore a Misses size 12 in everything. My sewing patterns were size 12, too, but they haven't "grown" like ready-to-wear clothes. But clothing sizes in pants, dresses and tops, have all gotten larger over the years because Jones New York wants you to feel great buying their size 8 even though it's the same size as the size 12 you wore in high school.
    I won't give up pants. I never was and never will be a dress girl. Give me pants any day! I recently discovered that Land's End jeans in the "traditional" (non-curvey) cut are perfect for me with my narrow hips and flat behind. I look great in them. If they said size 14 on the label instead of size 8 I would buy them anyway because they look smashing on me!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I hate pants, but love jeans! I wear them in black, khaki and charcoal for work instead of pant suits... If i have an important meeting my two "suits" are black but with skirts!

My new rule is to not buy pants unless they are jeans. Period.
  • ekimpton
    ekimpton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate how pants fit in the morning but seem to get tighter as the day goes on. I know that must mean that I need to go up a size. No way, I will squeeze into pants when I have to, but I prefer dresses. They feel much better on my pear shape.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    They make me fail

1260864858_backflip_fail.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The problem is you're going from junior sizes (odd numbers) to misses sizes (even numbers). They are cut quite differently. Knowing which one is best for your body type is half the battle.

Junior sizes tend to be for people who are more narrow through the hips and wear a slimmer cut. They're called "juniors" because they were originally meant for teens who hadn't quite filled out yet, but now it's a common cut for women with a lean, narrow build.

That's why you might need a larger size in Juniors but can wear a smaller size in Misses/Women's. If you're curvy, Juniors are going to run small on you.

^^ This. I was so upset when my mom made me switch to misses when I was still in high school, until I saw how much better they fit. I would try on dozens of pairs of juniors and none of them fit right. Misses I can usually get the same size (or at least close) in most stores.

It's not just pants though. I'm a size 8 and the other day I tried on a calvin klein dress that was an 8 and I was swimming in it. I had to get a size 4 instead, and I am NOT a size 4. Good for my ego though, and I guess that's probably why the sizing is that way.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

I never knew that! I may have to go pants shopping again bc every time I get a new pair I manage to shrink them and they stop half way up.. my thighs are huge :( Maybe this would help them at least fit a little longer!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm a skirt and dress girl. Pants are almost impossible to fit; I carry weight in my belly but have no butt, or hip to speak of. The seat and upper thighs are always huge. I'm looking forward to shopping when I've lost my belly :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I always like pants better because pants means you can wear comfortable shoes. Wearing a dress means that you have to wear dress shoes which totally suck!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Let's all NEVER wear pants again!

:laugh: :laugh:

Only when the fashion police say I can wear tennis shoes with that dress! :smokin:
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Stick with ONE brand the whole way through your weight loss. Then, you will know how many pant sizes you've actually dropped.

:)

problem solved!