How many calories?

Options
So Im a little confused. I think mfp calorie suggestion maybe a little low for me, Im finding myself hungry all the time.

If my BMR is 1688 and my TDEE is 2321, what are some of your opinions of how many calories I should eat daily to lose

weight? Im a little nervous to up calories but dont want to get discouraged by being hungry all the time.

SW 213
CW 201
GW 145
5'5
Thanks

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Take a read at this MFP post http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It really goes into depth and explains a lot. It may help answer some of your questions.
  • tarakizer
    Options
    I would NET 1688 to perhaps 1821.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Look at your profile - what did you set your weekly goal at? It may be too ambitious. My doctor recommended trying for one half pound each week as a way to sustain my weight over the long haul. If you are trying to loose too much each week, that may be why your calories are set too low and you are feeling hungry.

Also, look for foods that are low in calories but high in fiber to fill you up for longer periods of time - steamed broccoli is one of my favorites. Drink water like it's your job - 64 ounces each day, 8 ounces before each meal.
  • cem9532
    cem9532 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I actually took a look at the post about the roadmap earlier and it started my questioning of my calorie intake. (im not gonna lie its a really long post and my add kicked in and its hard to read it all). I had my fitness pal set to lose 1.5 per week and it had me eating 1460 per day. For some that may sound like plenty but for me IM HUNGRY. So Im gonna manually up it to 1675 and see what happens. I do seem to be losing pretty good at 1460 but starting to crave food and think about it way too much.
    Wish me luck