Shirataki noodle recipes please!

Options
KarenJean91
KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
I've never had these 'noodles' before, and wanted to try them as soon as I have some good recipes! So if anyone has some low calorie recipes using these, then please share. I do not eat meat, but I DO eat seafood.. just an fyi. But feel free to post meat friendly ones as well for others. :)

Replies

• armonson63
    armonson63 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've never had these 'noodles' before, and wanted to try them as soon as I have some good recipes! So if anyone has some low calorie recipes using these, then please share. I do not eat meat, but I DO eat seafood.. just an fyi. But feel free to post meat friendly ones as well for others. :)

Try http://www.skinnytaste.com/ ....Its unbelievable what this girl is doing with food...in a healthy way. :smile:
  • CmeATtheGym
    CmeATtheGym Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a mock Alfredo recipe on her Site ( it might also be on the back of the package). Melt a laughing cow cheese wedge, add to noodles, then mix in some sour cream. I love to add sauteed mushrooms and black pepper. Makes a great low cal meal. To any new tasters , be sure to follow directions on package- rinse noodles, rinse again and maybe just one more time, then pat dry or air dry. I throw mine in the microwave for a few seconds also. Texture will be chewy. Most people I know love it , some just cannot stand the texture in their mouths. The noodles will absorb what ever flavor you mix it with. There are at least 3 different noodle shapes to work with ( mock Spaghetti noodles can be added to Marinara sauce)

Feel free to Friend me
  • mirasolabeille
    Options
    Shirataki "Pad Thai"

1 pkg angel hair shirataki
    1 medium yellow onion
    1/2 medium sweet potato
    1 medium carrot
    1 zucchini
    1 egg
    1 3-oz package of frozen cooked salad shrimp (optional)
    Peanut sauce (recipe below)
    1 tbsp virgin coconut oil

Rinse and drain the noodles. Cut vegetables into matchsticks (or use a mandoline or rotary vegetable slicer to make them into ribbons). Melt the coconut oil over medium high heat and add noodles. Add onions and sauté until onions are translucent; keep stirring the noodles to spread them into a thin layer and dry them out a little. Add sweet potato and carrot ribbons, toss to mix, and allow to cook while you assemble the peanut sauce.

Peanut Sauce: in a small bowl, combine either 1 tbsp natural peanut butter OR 2 tbsp PB2 and 1 tbsp water, 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce, 1 tsp lime or lemon juice, 1 tsp soy sauce OR liquid aminos, 1 tsp agave or honey, and 3 tbsp rice vinegar. Whisk vigorously to combine.

Add zucchini ribbons and peanut sauce to the pan at the same time and toss thoroughly. Make a little empty space in the pan, crack the egg into it, scramble lightly and mix noodle mixture into it. Add frozen shrimp, if using, and sauté until thawed. Make sure everything is well combined and divide onto two plates. Can be served with unsweetened coconut or chopped peanuts as a garnish, but I rarely bother.

Start to finish, 15 minutes.
  • Frances4646
    Options
    I'm from the UK and there was a programme a while ago on channel4 called "cook yourself thin" which did a noodle recipe called ho fan beef noodles, but they use flat rice noodles but I think you could easily substitute the shirytaki noodles for those. The recipe is soo good, one of the best stir fries I think