How many days per week do you guys visit the gym?

Options

Replies

• carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I go 6 days a week. At the moment, I do three days of cardio and three days of strength training (w/ one of them being with my trainer).
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    6 days a week for me. M-W-F lifting, Tu-Th-S cardio of some kind, rest on Sunday.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    5 days a week
    30 min HIIT cardio after I hit the body parts I am training on a particular day
  • F_Chord
    F_Chord Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well, when I can even 5-6 days a week, this week I only went twice :( no time, and when I had time I was too tired :/
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well, when I can even 5-6 days a week, this week I only went twice :( no time, and when I had time I was too tired :/

You would be surprised how not tired you are after even a small workout. Thats what gets me to go!!

I do 5, I usually take off one day during the week (I work 8-5, not much time to do anything) and one weekend day. Unless it's really nice weather then I'll usually hit up a hike on an off day.
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I think 6 is fine if you eat enough (and well enough) to support your body. If you are hurting or exhausted, take a rest. Your body will tell you what to do.
  • Heatherdawnxoxo
    Heatherdawnxoxo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I hit up a bootcamp class monday, wednesday, and friday morning. Its mostly circuit training and is completely different every time I go. I also try and get out for a 30 min jog monday, wednesday, and friday nights after work. I have a little 20 min yoga video I can do at home ...as well as some ab videos I occasionally put on on the weekends.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    6 days a week for me. M-W-F lifting, Tu-Th-S cardio of some kind, rest on Sunday.

Pretty much this for me too. Although sometimes I lift if my boxing/kickboxing class is cancelled for some reason. Sometimes I also do some light lifting on Saturday, and if I'm really feeling ambitious, I'll head in on Sunday too. Basically whatever my body allows me to do, but I never do less than 5 days a week, unless I'm super sick. But, strangely enough, since I've been working out, lifting and eating right, I haven't been sick too much *knocks on wood* :)
  • love4shihtzu
    love4shihtzu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    6 days, Sometimes 7,. Dr says I need 6 days and 1 hr of cardio. But i do 1 hr of strength and 1.30 of cardio.
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I go most days but mix the exercise. Spin classes are intense but fun, 3 classesa week. Body pump is lifting weights to music and slowly building up the weights ( 1kg each side at first wimp! but now upto 3.5 each side) this is a slower steady exercise also 3 times a week. I also do free weights at the gym and use the X trainer. I have a concept rower at home so use that. As long as I am alive I like to do something each day
    Sunday I tend not to go to the gym but go for a long walk, weather permitting and I do like to go at a good pace. I am 65 and well aware that I need to keep fit so lots of classes at my pace. The classes are fun, great people , bit of chat as we go along I feel good at the end and I think this is the key thing enjoy the exercise you do.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I might be a little crazy, but I crossfit 5 days a week (sometimes 6) and do cardio or skills work on the other 1 or two days. I don't like to have completely off days. Rather I like active recovery where I'll go for a run, work on skills that aren't where I want, or otherwise be active. I try to keep my TDEE at least 2k on rest days, which is burning around 300 cal for me.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    All depends on whether your body can handle it, or not, which you'll notice pretty soon. I'd love to work out every day of the week, but I know that my legs would be sore if I didn't take a rest day or two.

I'd just say, go as many times as you want to, and if it gets too much, just take a break until you feel better:)
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    At least 5 days a week...I try to get a day on the weekend or at least some sort of cardio also
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Currently on: 4 days weightlifting/week, 1 day HIIT (usually in the form of hillsprints and prowler sleds), 30-60 minutes per workout.
    Was on (2 months ago): 3 day weight lifting (Legs/Push/Pull) -> 1 day off -> Repeat

Would recommend both.
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the imput!! Last week I did five days of a class called RIPPED (they do strength, endurance, plyo) and I felt great!!! I am pumped to add another day, we will see how my body handles this adjustment!!! :)
  • lrobi400
    Options
    5 or 6days a week. I'm a gym rat, I get bored working out at home.
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    5-6
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week, 1-2 times a day
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I go 4-5 days a week. I do spinning, PT sessions, aerobics and zumba, and gym on my own. I would probably do more if I didn't have 2 young kids. I don't do evening classes as I don't want to miss my kids' bedtime.

I go for lots of walks too and am very active all the time chasing after a 3 year old and 1 year old!

You do to rest though, and I think if you did the same class 6 days a week your body would just get used to it anyway, so you need to mix it up a bit.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I only workout 4-5 times a week (mostly 4 times) and go to gym 2 times a week for minimum of 1 hour mainly to lift weights coz we don't have a squat rack and heavy barbells at home.