Excercise too much ?

Options
My question is : Can you excercise too much ?

I try to walk everyday, usually 5 mile in around 83 or so minutes. Should I take a day off during the week?I had double knee transplant 5 yrs ago & sometimes they bother me in bed at night. I am just so anxious to lose the weight & I'm actually enjoying the excercise that I keep pushing my self.
All comments greatly appreciated !!!

Replies

• wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. If you are exercising and fueling your body correctly to compensate for all the exercise then I don't see any problems. If you are exercising and are exhausted all the time, then I'd say you are probably doing too much and/or not eating enough. If your body hurts and you aren't giving it time to recover then I'd say you are probably exercising too much. Weight loss is not a sprint, it's a marathon. For me personally I want this to stick so I am not going overboard with thinking that I need to be exercising everyday and never having a piece of cake or french fries again because if I go overboard and overload myself I will get overwhelmed and revert to old habits. We are all different though, if you like exercising and your body is not telling you are tired and need to rest then don't. Just make sure you are eating enough to sustain all the activity.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I would say yes you can exersize to Much listen to your body i mean You wouldn't want to exercise 5 hours a day or anything like that , but an 1 to 2 hours is completely fine and its not over doing it even 45 minutes would be good:)
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    I would try and give yourself at least one or two rest days a week.
    That way you are letting your body and muscles recover.
    If you over exercise you can end up hurting yourself.
    However if you aren't doing a lot of things such as strength training then one day a week off is fine.
    I would always take a rest day though. Your body needs time to recuperate.