Staying the course....

I have tried so many times to lose weight. I have tried all kinds of diets and pills and even some healthy ways but I cant seem to stick to them. I know what I need to do, I just need help staying on track. I am at my all time heaviest and I am so tired of being this way. I am aiming to lose 125lbs and keep it off. What are your goals and how do you stay on track?

Replies

• DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Welcome. My current goal is to make my goal weight of between 150 and 175. I started this 6 years ago at 272 and am currently weighing in at 193. I have found that I love to run and so I have been incorporating that into my workouts. When I get discouraged, I look through the photos of my journey and realize just how far I have come and it seems to light a fire under this big butt of mine. Being active and moving makes me feel better both physically and mentally. I have a back injury from a car accident in 96 and a knee injury from the same accident, so moving more and making sure I am consistent is key to keeping the pain at a minimum.
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Hi! I have also tried countless times to lose weight and have succeeded to some degree only to gain it all back plus some. I am at 235 and started at 253. My goal is 150 which is high for a 5 foot 2 inch gal but I plan to be muscular, fit and toned at that point. I'm looking to be healthy and strong, not skinny!

So, the difference for me this time is that I will not give up. I don't care if it takes 2 years or if I have a bad month, or an injury- I will NOT give up until I reach 150. When I do reach that weight, it will be the first time to weigh that little since my freshman year in high school! i completely understand that I am in control of this process and that it takes work, patience and commitment. i will have to work at maintenance for the rest of my life. It is worth it and I am worth it.

You can do it! Feel free to friend me- I have 85 pounds to go!