physical

Options
So the other day I had to go get a physical at the doctor's office because I play softball for my college and of course I was dredding getting on that scale. For some reason the weight the doctor tells me always depresses me. Well this time was no exception. My scale at home says that I'm around 140....(143ish on my bad days)....and when I got on that scale at the doctor's office, it shot up to 146!! I was astonished. I don't know which one to trust, but I like mine better. And I know I'm probably just trying to come up with excuses, but I had just eaten my lunch right before then AND I had on my tennis shoes and sweatpants. Everytime I weigh myself at home, I'm naked right before I get in the shower!!...I don't know, but it seriously is depressing and I've never seen that number for myself getting on a scale!!! :(

Replies

• emoff3
    Options
    So the other day I had to go get a physical at the doctor's office because I play softball for my college and of course I was dredding getting on that scale. For some reason the weight the doctor tells me always depresses me. Well this time was no exception. My scale at home says that I'm around 140....(143ish on my bad days)....and when I got on that scale at the doctor's office, it shot up to 146!! I was astonished. I don't know which one to trust, but I like mine better. And I know I'm probably just trying to come up with excuses, but I had just eaten my lunch right before then AND I had on my tennis shoes and sweatpants. Everytime I weigh myself at home, I'm naked right before I get in the shower!!...I don't know, but it seriously is depressing and I've never seen that number for myself getting on a scale!!! :(
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling!
    One day I decided to goof around at Walmart and weigh myself on a Weight Watchers scale that I found. It said I weighed 4 pounds more than the scale at home... that ruined my whole week.

They say you should weigh yourself on the same scale, same day of the week & same time(morning preffered, b4 eating & after going to the bathroom).

So... that's what I have been doing.
  • Maura14915
    Options
    i think the doctors scales are always higher than the scales we buy. they have them at the gym and the same type of weigh in.
  • pudgy06
    Options
    Please assume me the Dr scales are consistently higher than the one I have at home. I was so discouraged after I went to the Dr the other day. It was 4 lbs higher. I know that is not a lot but I have worked so hard on this!