finally realizing I need to eat more to weight less.

Options
2»

Replies

• nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    im at 1200 cals as well and have been doing this for almost 3 months (i must admit the first few weeks i was over my cals because i was gettin used to all this) and the first 8lbs came off pretty quick...and then i started to drag...i took a "closer" look at what i was eating...and guess what...i was still cheating! i wasnt loggin in everything i ate and once i stopped cheating, im losing again. i do cardio and lift weigths as well. i will continue to stick to my 1200 for now....well see what later brings.! good luck!!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I went from 1200 cals a day and getting stuck ..I upped them to 1530 ( maintenance according to MFP) I eat back some of my exercise cals and I'm losing again..I'm 5 ft 0 and 106 lbs..so if I lose again this week I shall up them a bit more
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    Well I am happy to report that after several days of upping to between 1600-1700 the scale has started to move again in the right direction, yay!! I feel less grumpy too! I understand if you are 5'3 and 100 pounds that 1200 might be enough for you but I weight 205 and even though I have a desk job at home, I also chase around an 18 month old and do daily house hold chores. So putting "sedentary" wasn't entirely accurate for me. So happy I finally decided to give this a try! And for the people who gained a little while upping cals, not to worry, it's probably just water weight and everyone is different. Give it time :)
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    Don't feel silly, I was right there with you - started MFP in May and took off with 1200 cals! Works great at first... :grumble:

But the boards are really great and people are so helpful! I bumped up right away to 1450 for a few weeks now I'm at 1650, still eating at a deficit, and added weight lifting. And still losing weight, it's a bit slower, but I'm very happy with the results.

1800 that you calculated is with "sedentary" or "light exercise"? Because as I understand, you won't eat back calories if you added the exercise component in.

Yeah I put sedentary because I do have an at home desk job however I do chase around a toddler and perform house hold tasks. So lightly active is what I should have put lol.. I only get on the elliptical 2-3 times a week and 20 minutes at a time. I do have an ASD (hole in my heart) which makes exercise slightly more difficult, but I am getting that repaired soon so hoping I can then get gym membership :) I lost some weight after upping my cals after 3 weeks at a stand still..woo hoo :)