Getting Back In

Last year, I joined Medifast and did really, really well! I lost 40 pounds in 8 months! I even lost weight during Fall of my freshman semester in college. I looked and felt great, but slowly and gradually, I let myself cheat more often and soon enough, every single hoover dam pound I lost is back before I knew it. I want to get back to losing weight, but without the help of a super expensive weight loss program.

Does anyone have any suggestions or stories to share? I desperately need it.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Why don't you just count your calories eating REAL food on here? Log your food and exercise a little, walking is good enough to help you lose. That is all I did and it works. Find out what your TDEE is and eat 15% below that. It's a big enough defict and losing weight slowly is the best way to not end up yoyo dieting forever. When you get close to goal reduce the defict to only 10%.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    I've realized, in my 6 days as an MFP member,,that accounting for my food and workouts keeps me in line. I like SEEING the results in numbers.

I've lost 6 pounds, since I started this workout and eating properly about 2 weeks ago, I don't FEEL the 6 pounds gone, I SAW it on the scale at my doctors office. I LIKED it.

Really, the being accountable is a huge thing. Seeing what you are doing, showing "friends" you make on MFP what you are doing, it's lovely.

Add me if you'd like.