I ate half of a large pizza today...

Options
...and it was AWESOME!!! The diet coke was great too :bigsmile: I'm glad that I finally realized that this is a LIFEstyle change, and therefore must be tolerable and enjoyable long term. I remember when I used to torture myself by only eating Lean Cuisines and only drinking bottled water.

I'm burning off the excess calories now on my stationary bike, and then relaxing with my man, chocolate protein shake, and Saturday Night Live. Life is good!

Replies

• katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    :) Enjoy your night. I also love pizza nights, I do drink it with water, I don't really like soda, but I do love pizza!

And yeah... I realize I said I love pizza twice, now three times.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I love it! You're awesome!
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Haha - when I saw the title I thought "Lucky!"
    I think it's great to just surge every so often - and you have a great attitude about it, so no harm done! I'm glad you enjoyed every bite of that pizza!
  • davyrockhit214
    Options
    I Loooooooovvvve Pizza *drool*!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Eat. Drink. Be merry.

And work out like a beast. ;)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Gotta love cheat days.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    New York Pizza is awesome but its a killer with all those calories.
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    I agree...ENJOY...if I want something bad enough (for me its a twix candy bar...one of the big ones with 4 pieces) I know I can have it....if im willing to burn most or all of it....its nice to know that....I already had to give up tons of food I love bc when I got pregnant I became suddenly allergis to eggs and coconut (swelling allergic)and ud be suprised how much stuff has egg (and coconut for that matter...most ice creams have coconut oil...or chunks of cookie/brownie that have egg) Even had to find shampoos and toothpaste void of coconut derived ingredients (which is super hard) so seeing I gave up soooo much...and when I was pregnant and had cravings...I try to let myself just have something I want now...I can't have much bc of allergies but I can certianly have my dear sweet twix lol
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Win. I ate an entire small pizza tonight. And it was goooooooood. :flowerforyou:
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had half a 10 inch gourmet pizza today and it was totally within my calorie goal and totally worth it! And yes, I worked out too!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Gotta love cheat days.

I do it once a week, twice this week. I don't do cheat days.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Never deprive yourself..you only live once..
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I ate a medium pizza today plus some dessert pizza. I had been craving it for at least a week and it was spectacular.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Gotta love cheat days.

Depends on your definition of a "cheat" day. Oh wait, you just said you don't do those. So you go over calories. OR you just can eat a **** load or you don't eat very much during the day. Whatever works for ya! I do them too.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I have yet to buy a big bag of Humpty Dumpty ringalos my favorite potato chip. When I reach my goal I think I will... Especially if they're on sale.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I had three large pieces of my favorite pizza. I worked them and then I saved calories. I haven't had pizza in over 5 months. Being fat and out of control sucks! Being fit and earning my calories before eating them works. Earn the calories, then eat them.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Gotta love cheat days.

Depends on your definition of a "cheat" day. Oh wait, you just said you don't do those. So you go over calories. OR you just can eat a **** load or you don't eat very much during the day. Whatever works for ya! I do them too.

??? Half of a pineapple pizza, plus the ranch I have with it run around 1100 calories. My dinner and evening snacks are always around 1000 calories. I exercise and fit it in. I try to limit carbs and get extra protein and veg in earlier in the day to keep my macros in check on days I plan to eat pizza. Even without exercise, I would have 800ish calories to eat earlier in the day. My absolute best runs are day-after-pizza runs. It's part of my training plan! :laugh:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i LOVE chinese food and this week i had it 2 nights in a row!!! you have to let yourself enjoy a little bit here and there! :) cheers!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness! I'm so sick of those, "Woe is me, I ate a donut, my life is over!" posts. Healthy attitude, good for you!