Last Question...

Options
For all the technical folks, help me out- Despite the weight goal that I have came up with: 168lbs and based on my ideal measurements: 36-28-45 and my height of 5'5 1/2, I have estimated that I would in fact need to get to about 182lbs, instead of 168lbs.

I know this may sound like alot, but I'm looking for a Curvy Full- Figured frame, even with my weight loss.

Suggestions, comments anyone? I'm seriously considering changing my goal just to see if I can obtain my goals at this size (182 vs 168) with cardio and weight training of course.

Google: The Nigerian Powerhouse (she really has motivated me).

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this is right.. according to your ideal measurements, you want you hips to be 25"? Smaller than your waist? Surely that's a typo..
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm 36-29-42 and 153. I don't think you need to be in the 180's for this...
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    But according to the BMI calculator I used- that would put you into nearly the ibexes cculator! I realised that if you were very muscly that would be fine though. Get down to the higher weight and then I suggest you speak to your doctor. Health has got to come before wanting to be curvy.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    You're more than allowed to have the figure you want, but I think it will b pretty hard to get a 28in waist & b 182lbs unless you have a low body fat %, but you're wanting full figured which would mean you wouldn't. Unless I'm understand wrong?
    I know everyone is different, but I'm 5'5 and I didn't have a 28in waist until I was like 130lbs. And I'm an hourglass, so I lost from my waist pretty easily it seems.
    I would not get too attached to those measurements. They just dont seem very realistic to me. I dont think most women have the ability to be that extreme.
    My advice is just stop when you're happy with what you see. :)
  • SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    get to 182lbs and see how you feel then. if you want to keep losing then aim for something lower, if not, start maintaining. goals are important but how you feel at your goal weight is the most important thing.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    But according to the BMI calculator I used- that would put you into nearly the ibexes cculator! I realised that if you were very muscly that would be fine though. Get down to the higher weight and then I suggest you speak to your doctor. Health has got to come before wanting to be curvy.

I hear you, but I'm curvy regardless- no doctor can change that. My highest weight was 247.6, I would think 247 vs 182 would be healthier.....
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    You're more than allowed to have the figure you want, but I think it will b pretty hard to get a 28in waist & b 182lbs unless you have a low body fat %, but you're wanting full figured which would mean you wouldn't. Unless I'm understand wrong?
    I know everyone is different, but I'm 5'5 and I didn't have a 28in waist until I was like 130lbs. And I'm an hourglass, so I lost from my waist pretty easily it seems.
    I would not get too attached to those measurements. They just dont seem very realistic to me. I dont think most women have the ability to be that extreme.

I can totally dig your opinion and advice! I just work better with deadlines and specific targets. I will say, at 176-186 pounds my waist was 30 inches and I did no extreme exercising and lifted not 1 weight. I was eating about 2000 calories a day and walking about 4 miles, 5 days a week because of my job at the time. That was about 4 years ago-within those 4 years I have creeped up to a whooping 247.6, 40 inch waist. I also no longer have the same job :)

I guess because I know how my body is proportioned and learning about weight training, I'm convinced I just may be able to achieve these measurements.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    I'm not sure this is right.. according to your ideal measurements, you want you hips to be 25"? Smaller than your waist? Surely that's a typo..

I corrected it: 36-28-45
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    I'm 36-29-42 and 153. I don't think you need to be in the 180's for this...

How tall are you?
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

I can totally dig your opinion and advice! I just work better with deadlines and specific targets. I will say, at 176-186 pounds my waist was 30 inches and I did no extreme exercising and lifted not 1 weight. I was eating about 2000 calories a day and walking about 4 miles, 5 days a week because of my job at the time. That was about 4 years ago-within those 4 years I have creeped up to a whooping 247.6, 40 inch waist. I also no longer have the same job :)

I guess because I know how my body is proportioned and learning about weight training, I'm convinced I just may be able to achieve these measurements.

I'm here to support ^^ And totally jealous tht you had a 28in waist at that weight! That was my starting weight!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options

I'm here to support ^^ And totally jealous tht you had a 28in waist at that weight! That was my starting weight!

[/quote/]
    *30 inch waist and it wasn't completely firm, so can you imagine if I lift weights????? Crazy-Fine!

Chech this out: http://m.youtube.com/#/results?q=anowa adjah