visible weight loss?

Options
I've lost about 10lbs (which is the number where I said to myself that I would believe that this is really working and not just water weight) but I don't feel any different. I'm 5'2" and 10lbs is about 7% of my starting weight.

When did you notice you were really losing weight?
When did other people notice that you were losing weight?

Replies

• tansyf
    tansyf Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    Other people have started noticing that my face of all things looks thinner!! I have noticed that my size 14 (UK size) jeans were VERY tight at New Year, I now have to keep pulling them up, not quite a 12 yet but fingers crossed it won't be long! I have also just lost 10lbs, seem to have plateaued a bit, but I'm sticking with the food and exercise regime and am hoping to be 10 and a half stone in the next few weeks, good luck woth your weight loss and keep it up xxxx
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I feel like I lose a bunch of pounds - 10, 15, 20, etc. - and I see it, my boyfriend sees it, and then all of a sudden, esp. when I STOP losing pounds for a few weeks - it's like my body suddenly slims down and then everyone sees it. Weird.
  • JuDurand
    Options
    Hi,

Personnally, I felt it right away that I was losing weight because I wasn't doing any water retention and I was already a bit active. But it took a while before I noticed real changes changes on my body, like my clothes were getting loose. That mark was I would say at about 20 pounds.

For my family and friends, they saw the difference around the same mark, they noticed that my stomach was more flat and my face got thinner. My collegues also started to notice around 25-30 pounds, because when you see someone everyday, you maybe notice it less...

... but now, everybody sees it! So keep up the good work, it's totally worth it! :wink:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I started just under 200 pounds... it wasn't until I hit around 165-170 that people began to notice (and ask if I was sick)

It was nice that they noticed, and at the same time annoying as crap to constantly have to tell people there was nothing wrong with me- I was NOT sickly, I didn't do any "diet" to lose the weight, that all I did was eat better and start to exercise... They never seem to believe me.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I noticed when my clothes felt looser........DH noticed about the same time because he said I felt thinner when he hugged me.......my friends noticed when I got rid of my elastic waist size 16 jeans and bought size 12 zip up jeans and wore a tuck in shirt with a belt.........I have had to be my own best cheerleader rather than waiting for the notice of others:bigsmile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It's usually after I stop losing weight that people notice. I think it takes awhile for your body to "settle" into it's new shape.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I have lost 20 lbs and I too don't feel like I look like I have. Now I admit my pants are more comfortable, but still waiting to be able to look my face in the mirror and see the difference.
  • Ninaad
    Ninaad Posts: 28
    Options
    I cannot speak for myself because i have not lost much yet, but when my mom lost alot of weight, she said people first started noticing around 20 lbs of weight loss, and it became more apparent closer to 30 lbs.
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It was when I had lost about 12% of my body weight that I could see a difference and other people started to comment. Do you take measurements in addition to your weight? I really liked seeing that measuring tape go down by an inch even if I couldn't notice it with my eyes.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    When I first started losing I could not see a difference in myself till about 15-20 pounds, however the closer I get to my goal the less I have to lose to see a difference. I am very critical of my body so usually other people notice a change before I do.
  • manxtatt2
    Options
    I've lost 8lbs so far in 2 weeks and 3 diff people have said to me ive lost weight off my face

:-) , keep up the good work
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 pounds and a girl at work noticed, and my mom also said my face looks slimmer.