260 ish to 192

Options
At the beginning of the year I was hovering anywhere from 260 -270. I slowly started using my elliptical machine in the Feb / March time period 30 mins a day. Then 45 min minuets a day. At the time I was using MFP on and off /day to day. I was becoming more conscious of what I was eating and of my workouts. I decided to commit to myself in April that I would use it everyday as an accountability measure (After all I use to spend hours doing fantasy football research and other things on line). So why not invest a few minuets a day into myself. By using this everyday I not only started eating healthier and made a total lifestyle change but I increased my workouts and now have amazing results. In Feb I was wearing waist size 40 (almost 42 at one time) and now I down to 34 or 32. I started running back in June because during my weight loss, I had plateaued and needed something to take it to the next level. I started off with one mile, then 2, 2 became 4 and so on. Now when I run on weekends I run about 8 -10 miles. On thanksgiving I had my longest run over 14 miles, which still blows my mind that I accomplished it. I live in Ca so the winter weather is upon us which has led me to have to workout indoors, and not so much running. I'm now in the gym 6 out 7 days of the week and really enjoying it. I am seeing amazing results and will be posting before and after pictures on 12/31. I have much respect for everyone who takes the step for a healthier YOU and a lifestyle change. It will not always be easy and there will be the roller coaster ride, and crazy emotions as well. I think one of the biggest things that put me over that hurdle was that I really looked at all my priorities in life and the number one thing on that list was family. I figured the healthier I am the lower the risks of many health related aliments. it doesn't guarantee anything, but I would do anything in the world to spend more time with my 2 beautiful daughters and the rest of my family! Being healthier has also paid huge dividends in my professional life as well. It has really cleared up my thought process and aided with problem solving etc.(Something that is really needed to run a sales force) Good luck everyone!!

Replies

• mgreenham
    mgreenham Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Congrats on all you have accomplished and those things yet still to be accomplished in your life. You have figured out the key to success in anything you do. Commitment, Perseverance, Dedication, and Just doing the right thing.

Thanks for sharing your success
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Way to go :)
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    Awesome job!! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!! =)
  • Nikkismission
    Nikkismission Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great story....I have trouble with the elliptical machine. I'm afraid of it lol. I just have trouble catching a rhythm with it. But I do plan to concur it sometime within the new year when I start back up at the gym. One of my goals is also to start running. But I need to build up an endurance. I have a lot to work on, but I know it's all possible... Great post again
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!