Full Blown Blizzard

Options
RGv2
RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
We've got a full blown blizzard going on here in MN. Is there anything better than a weekend snowstorm?

Replies

• AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    We got a bunch of snow here in Switzerland too this weekend... I love snowy weekends as long as can still get out of the house. Getting more snow this week.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    We should get a small snowstorm in Montreal tonight.......great way to start the week.......not really
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    We've got a full blown blizzard going on here in MN. Is there anything better than a weekend snowstorm?
    Yes, a warm sunny beach.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options

EVERYTHING is better than a snowstorm anyday of the week..

Signed a Canadian born in the wrong part of the world!
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm in Houston. It's freaking 81 degrees. On December 9. Ridiculous. There should be a law...I'm jealous! Enjoy your blizzard!!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    It's 40 and rainy here in Chicago. I hate it. I wish we would get some snow, I LOVE snowstorms! It was my favorite part of living in MN. :)
  • TanyaRochelle
    TanyaRochelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I too am loving our MN snowstorm... snowed in with my family... anticipating making some Christmas cookies this afternoon!!
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It's a cool 45 degrees here and raining constantly.. has been for the past 2 months... Yay for the olympic peninsula! haha!
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am in mn too. I was hoping for another winter like last year!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Yes... a WEEKDAY snowstorm. Because I work for a school and live in Virginia, and we freak out when there is more than an inch of snow in the forecast. Snowstorms = paid days off work! :laugh:
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Yes, a warm sunny beach.
    [/quote]

With a low cal umbrella drink! Good book- Trout Kill by Paul Dage and warm ocean.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

I'm in MN too and this is awesome!
  • 60x60
    60x60 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Another Minnesotan. Can enjoy it because it's Sunday, not Monday. I'll do the treadmill and then read by the fire. Husband gets to clear the driveway and the roof (love him).
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I'm in WI, and I enjoy the snow until I have to drive in it!!! I hate winter driving!!! I will enjoy it until tomorrow, when I have to be out in it!!! Bonus though, shoveling burns calories!!
  • slavenberg
    slavenberg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    jealous. raining and just rather crappy here in PA. and i ran in this crap - 8.25 miles - all in the name of weight loss.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I just love the snow. People in the south just do not understand the majesty of it.....tho there is the shovelling too. I would always have to live where there are seasons.
  • Kandy4mel
    Kandy4mel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Being from Minnesota and moving another state i miss the snow.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than snow on the weekend - by the time you go to work, the roads are already clear, and the neighborhood kids have already made their rounds with trusty shovels cleaning out driveways at 20 bucks a pop! I'm looking forward to a *little* snow here in MA - we still have green grass in the backyard!!
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Northern New York, then moved to Michigan. Now I am in Virginia. I don't miss hard winters. However, a couple of years ago we got hit hard and I have to say it felt like home. So yea a weekend snowstorm is good...as long as by Monday it is all gone!! :laugh:
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Y'all can keep that crap up there. Hate snow, hate ice even more. I'd gladly take 60-70 degrees all year long. In my neck of the woods we get more ice than snow in the winter, which is really going to suck now that I have a 30 mile round trip commute.