Post-Diet Crash

Options
Okay, so I did it. I lost the weight (22 lbs+) this year that I wanted to. I knew maintenance was coming up and so I began slacking off on logging. I have a history with ED's so I was careful to maintain that I wasn't obsessing TOO much.

So I stopped logging. Then I stopped exercising regularly (I still do, but more in spurts). Then I stopped eating entirely healthy and now...

OMG the carbs. Pasta with cheese. Not just macaroni and cheese, but any kind of cheesy pasta dish is ALL I WANT. I denied myself lots of carbs when I dieted and it's like coming back at me 10-fold. I need serious help LOL.

Replies

• cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    GIRLLLL...

get you some HEALTHY noodles (from a whole foods store of some kind)...and try to use maybe red tomatoes with maybe a little parmesean and pan fry in some olive oil...maybe get some spinach and mix that in with a SMALL amount of mozarella cheese. I go through this quite often, and I just can't help myself!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I did it. I lost the weight (22 lbs+) this year that I wanted to. I knew maintenance was coming up and so I began slacking off on logging. I have a history with ED's so I was careful to maintain that I wasn't obsessing TOO much.

So I stopped logging. Then I stopped exercising regularly (I still do, but more in spurts). Then I stopped eating entirely healthy and now...

OMG the carbs. Pasta with cheese. Not just macaroni and cheese, but any kind of cheesy pasta dish is ALL I WANT. I denied myself lots of carbs when I dieted and it's like coming back at me 10-fold. I need serious help LOL.

AND this is the reason people shouldn't deny themselves food types when they are trying to lose weight, because as soon as they get to their goal weight, they usually can't keep up that restriction. I'd recommend moderating your carb intake, but don't eliminate it and start losing again.
  • Ravepixie87
    Options
    A diet isnt just a diet while you are trying to lose weight, take all that you learnt on your weight loss jounrey and start a lifestyle change!
    Sure your maintaining now, so treat yourself sometimes, but if you eat cheese everyday your gonna be back here in 6 months trying to lose it all again
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thing is, we didn't do the diet, but we initiated a lifestyle change. Our foods now are vastly different (and superior) to those which we ate even 8 months ago. Obviously old food cravings are coming back at me, so we do have readily available healthy and good foods.

and yes, I'm aware you're not supposed to eliminate during your diet. That I did not, but because I went from a very high carb intake to a healthy one (wihch was hard to maintain to get more protein than carbs in) I felt deprived. Of course we all have to deny ourselves bad foods, especially in excess, and that's what I did.

Leanna, thank you for getting it :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    A diet isnt just a diet while you are trying to lose weight, take all that you learnt on your weight loss jounrey and start a lifestyle change!
    Sure your maintaining now, so treat yourself sometimes, but if you eat cheese everyday your gonna be back here in 6 months trying to lose it all again

I eat cheese everyday and I've lost almost 30 pounds so far.... Cheese is not the enemy! Too much of anything is...