Mini-trampoline anyone?

ERnurse
ERnurse Posts: 77
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone - I am a shift worker and thinking about getting myself a mini-trampoline so that I do not have to leave the house when I am on shift (I have a hard time getting any motivation when working nights) - wondered if anyone has used this as one of their exercises? If so how many calories do you think it burns as it is not listed on the exercise lists here. Thanks so much :)

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    There are lots of aspects to burning calories. But really first is your weight, height and intensity of the work out, heart rate and so on. Your best bet is to invest in a HRM - Heart Rate Monitor. You could google something like: "Burning calories on trampette" (I have one, but I also have an HRM and each work out is different).

Sometimes if you go to the manufactures website, they have a tool to calculate calories burned. My mini trampoline "Trampette" has a machine attached as well, to calculate mileage and calories.

Good luck I hope you find what you are looking for.
  • Hi Sugar - thanks so much for your reply - what a good job you have done with your weight loss - congratulations!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I used to have a rebounder (mini-trampoline), and I've been thinking about getting one again. I remember it being a lot of fun when you put your favorite music on, and get into the groove. :) It's said to have several health benefits, and to burn more calories than jogging. Do some Googling on "rebounding".
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    One of my close friends who used to live upstairs from me had one and she LOVED it, she was on it at least 5 days a week. Every time I went over and jumped on it I broke a sweat...and a huge smile! It's a very joyful activity I think. :) My only note of advice would be if you have a downstairs neighbor, don't jump at too unreasonable an hour (hehe I didn't quite like waking up at 7am on a sunday to the sounds of a trampoline ;) Luckily she's sweet and didn't mind waiting til 9!) If you get one I hope you enjoy it!! :-D
  • I just bought my mini trampoline this weekend and I love it! Right now, I'm just focusing on "jumping" for 15 minutes at a time. According to the video that came with it, it is less of a jumping motion than a "pulling your legs up to meet your stomach" motion. Let me tell you, today, after 15 mins of that motion, I can sure feel it in my abs and glutes!

For caloric purposes, I used the "Jumping Rope - Slow Pace" for tracking calorie burn.

Let me know how you like it!

Jennifer
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    I bought one for my 7 yr old to burn energy while stuck in the house or watching tv.

I got on it and it has been so many years since I've jumped on one, it was fun. But I didn't do it long enough to call it exercise. Maybe I will put my ipod on and try that for something fun.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I use to jump on one but they always made me pee my pants!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • vhuber
  • vhuber
    I do not know why this posted twice, it is NOT that funny!
  • Hi everyone - I am excited to go and pick up one tomorrow - Jennifer I will be joining you with this - if anyone else would like to join us that would be great - and what is the Jumping rope - slow pace? thanks again for the great comments :)

Jen
  • LOL to the pee that pants!! hehehe
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Thanks for posting this. I am absolutely no help to your questions, but we have a mini trampoline that I should drag out! I think of it as the kids toy :)
  • Hi everyone - I am excited to go and pick up one tomorrow - Jennifer I will be joining you with this - if anyone else would like to join us that would be great - and what is the Jumping rope - slow pace? thanks again for the great comments :)

Jen

Go to Add Exercise and do a search for "Rope jumping". You'll find three speeds: fast, moderate and slow. It says that the slow burns 185 calories for 15 minutes. I doubt it is really that much, so I usually put in less time than I actually jumped.

BTW, after three days of making sure I got in at least 1 - 15 minute jumping session, I can sure feel it. BOY, do my abs hurt! I have been doing crunches and oblique exercises at the gym and they never made me feel the muscles I am feeling this morning. I'm hoping this is the trick to shake me off my plateau...

Happy Jumping!

Jennifer
  • sounds great Jennifer - I am looking forward to getting mine and starting - and maybe not being irritated with myself for not exercising :S
  • Got my rebounder today and looking forward to trying it out - had a little bounce in the store and felt a little out of breath so I am thinking this is going to be good! :)
  • I use to jump on one but they always made me pee my pants!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

OMG!!!! It does make you have to go a lot
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I followed Ann Louse Gittleman's Fat Flush Plan, she is a big supporter of rebounding. It's great for the lymph system and helps keep your body in a fat burning mode. Its also great for people that can't do high impact. ALG has a book called the Fat Flush Fitness Plan that I would also suggest.
  • I have a rebounder but I never really use it. I guess I just threw it in the garage and left it there. I think I'll pull it out and throw on some music. Sounds fun, almost haha
This discussion has been closed.