Great quick workouts?

Options
Hey everyone!

I do love going to the gym, but right now my schedule is so insane that I've been struggling to get over to the gym. Still working out a little at home, eating right, and losing weight but I was wondering....

Does anyone have ideas for short, great burns? If so, can you describe and explain aprox how many calories that would burn? I'm looking to target 30 minutes or less for some of these ideas, but of course the more calories burned the better!

Any ideas would be awesome. :) Thanks!!!!

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    No idea how much I burn as I do not track calories, but I box (yes I have my own gloves and wraps) for half an hour twice per week and it is pretty intense...
  • NikkiDea48
    Options
    I don't know if you have a Wii but I love mine and I do Wii Zumba Fitness 2 at home. It is a fun workout and you can pick how long you would like from short classes (approx 20-25 mins), med classes (40-45 mins) and full classes (50+ mins). You can also do single songs and do how many you would like or customize your play list.

I have burned anywhere from 250 cals for the short classes up to as much as 1006 cals for the full classes. It totally depends on the intensity you pick for each class and how much intensity you actually put in to the workout. I just did a full class today at medium intensity for 62 minutes and burned 862 calories.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels' DVDs which are 30 mins including warm up and cool down. Her 30 day shred is in YouTube for free and I'm currently working out with her Ripped in 30. They're tough but fairly short, no excuse not to stick to them really!
  • cbk93
    cbk93 Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree..Jillian's workout dvd's make for a great, quick workout. Some are 20 min, but most are 30 min. Also, if you have a treadmill, you can do intervals. Warm up for a mile, then start the intervals. Makes for a great calorie burn :-)