Switching from 1200/day to 1800/day...

Options
2»

Replies

• sprinkels29
    Options
    I'm up to roughly 1800 calories, and I have stopped weighing myself. I am also doing weight training which means I may gain or technically not loose on the scale BUT I have lost inches already. Ease up to it and realize you may gain a couple pounds during the first couple weeks but that is normal with EMWL. You can also join the group Eat More to Weigh Less, the people in there are so knowledgeable! I haven't eaten the best the past couple days because of school stress, but I feel sooo much better at 1800 calories.
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    I recognize a lot of you don't know who I am or what I do but...

1. I don't have an eating disorder. My disorder is simply that I love food a lot and need to learn how to portion control better and how to eat out better. I've gotten a LOT better at it, but it's still my weakness. I think of it a lot like alcohol in an AA program, and right now that's working well for me. I swear off a lot of things and once I get to where I'd like to be at I'm going to introduce them slowly back into my diet while limiting them. For now? I eat super clean and I love it.

2. I do a LOT of resistance training. Two days a week minimum are heavy weight lifting with my boyfriend at the gym. Otherwise I'm doing a lot of running (I just had a great 7.5 mile run... the most I've ever done is 5 miles and it felt so great today) and TurboFire. I also go to the gym sometimes and do spin class or this awesome guts, butts, and thighs class. Lastly, I add in pushups and abs stuff just to make sure those stay there. I'm trying to work in my pull-ups but I don't get to the gym at school often enough to use their assisted pull-up machine. Need to work on that.

3. I have lost a lot of inches and feel great already. Last month I lost 10 lbs and a LOT of inches (though some of that can be attributed to the fact that a different person took my measurements and she did it slightly differently). I also went down 2.1% in body fat during that month. So what I was doing was working and I was hesitant to change that, though I felt that 2.1% in BF should have been higher, so I'm thinking that doing this will help.

As for what I've decided to do, I'm going up to 1500 calories this week. Next week will be 1800 calories. The following 2 weeks will be difficult as I will be on vacation at my boyfriend's family's house and will have little-to-no control over what will be served, so it will be a good lesson in portion control. So we'll see what happens. I'm excited for my one-year anniversary though on Jan. 1!
  • Infauna
    Options
    The weight gain would be water/food weight, not fat. One day of eating 600 calories more than you usually do isn't going to make you gain weight. I'd give it a couple of weeks before you completely rule out eating 1800 calories a day.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Move to 1400 then 1600