A big FYI

Options
Sorry if this is long and winded.....
I first started MFP on Jan 4th (I believe)....anyway the first week was great I lost like 2 pounds....and then things came to a standstill.....I was weighing, counting calories, and exercising.....but nothing was working. I did not give up...MFP support was awesome and everyones encouraging words kept me going. However, I lost a total of 5 pounds on MFP and nothing was moving or really changing imo? SO>Three weeks ago I decided to add WW to the mix of things and I have lost a total of 7.6 with them...a grand total of 12ish.....I also changed up my workout. The one thing I did NOT change was MFP and all the great things that happen on this site. So those who are having a moment please hold on and good things will happen. I feel SOOOO good right now. I got a pair of "skater" pants (yes a 39 year old in sketer pants)....for the Holiday's and I could not even button them....I am wearing them now and with a belt...and I might add they are a single digit size woop woop...so be patient all....it will and can happen.

Peace out and good luck to all!!!!

dd

Replies

• zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Sorry if this is long and winded.....
    I first started MFP on Jan 4th (I believe)....anyway the first week was great I lost like 2 pounds....and then things came to a standstill.....I was weighing, counting calories, and exercising.....but nothing was working. I did not give up...MFP support was awesome and everyones encouraging words kept me going. However, I lost a total of 5 pounds on MFP and nothing was moving or really changing imo? SO>Three weeks ago I decided to add WW to the mix of things and I have lost a total of 7.6 with them...a grand total of 12ish.....I also changed up my workout. The one thing I did NOT change was MFP and all the great things that happen on this site. So those who are having a moment please hold on and good things will happen. I feel SOOOO good right now. I got a pair of "skater" pants (yes a 39 year old in sketer pants)....for the Holiday's and I could not even button them....I am wearing them now and with a belt...and I might add they are a single digit size woop woop...so be patient all....it will and can happen.

Peace out and good luck to all!!!!

dd
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    nice work mama!
  • AndreaMMil
    AndreaMMil Posts: 165
    Options
    at the risk of sounding like a bonehead... what is "WW"?
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    Options
    at the risk of sounding like a bonehead... what is "WW"?

weight watchers
  • zenmama
    Options
    I really want this post to be for others...not for me but thanks again for the kind words.....It's just everyone is doing great and want to let everyone know it can be done with determination.

dd

:smile:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hey Zen...thanks for the encouragement!

Will you tell me what "skater" or "skeeter" pants are...I don't want to miss out on any fashion trends!..and congrats on the single digit size!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Most agreed zen:smile:

I am glad you have not given up and just changed things up a little. Keep up with the success.
  • zenmama
    Options
    Skater pants are Skate board pants....My kids laughed...so maybe not :noway: trendy on a 39 year old but they are comfy!:laugh:

dd
  • banks1850
    Options
    LOL, ZM, I tried on cargo pants the other day at Kohls, but it just didn't work with gray hairs starting to come in... :sad:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Looking forwars to the day of jeans with zipper and snaps again , instead of elastic waist: Boy that's been awhile:blushing:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :smile:
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    Looking forwars to the day of jeans with zipper and snaps again , instead of elastic waist: Boy that's been awhile:blushing:

I am right there with ya. I have not bought or wore a pair of jeans in approx 5 yrs. I refuse to buy larger jean sizes. I don't know why, but when it comes to jeans, I just can't bring myself to do it.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    rock on skater pants mom! :glasses: lol I think its awesome and very encouraging girl!

I think you are right mfp is amazing we all need to keep at it, even when times seem at a standstill...because changes will come...and hopefully on the way there we can learn about our bodies and what we need to revamp to fit our personal goals! awesome post!
    big hugs!
    Ali