Anyone 5 feet tall-ish?

Options
I have lost 54 pounds. I look at my before pictures and my now pictures, such a huge difference. I look in the mirror and know that I am smaller, but it really hasn't clicked. Self image is a pain in the butt. Now at 158 pounds, I am not sure when I look in the mirror whether or not I am still considered fat or if I am think or chunky LOL. Even when I was at my heaviest (212 pounds), I never saw myself as being as big as what the scale said and am worried that I still have the same frame of mind. I guess what I want, is to see some pictures of other women around the same weight, size and height as me. It's easier to judge others than it is to judge yourself sometimes. I know we all carry our weight differently, so 158 pounds on a 5 foot tall woman may look differently on everyone, just trying to form a general picture. Also, my goal weight is 137, so if there are some ladies around 5 feet tall and that weight, would love to see those pics too. Hope you all understand what I am getting at. Thanks!

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I'm not a 5' tall female, but I understand about self body image. When I was normal weight I always saw myself as heavy and when I got heavy I never thought of myself as heavy as I was. kinda funny how that works. :-)
  • thinkthin79
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall. I can't wait to get to 150! lol.
  • Jennyburger01
    Options
    Being shorter sucks. A "skinny" weight seems so low and unreachable.
  • stephjohnny
    stephjohnny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not a 5' tall female, but I understand about self body image. When I was normal weight I always saw myself as heavy and when I got heavy I never thought of myself as heavy as I was. kinda funny how that works. :-)

Yeah it's crazy. Some people look in the mirror and no matter how small they are, they think they are fat. Just the opposite here. Self denial, I guess lol.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i'm 5 foot and currently weigh 147. the profile picture is from 3 years ago when i was 10+ pounds lighter.
    dawn
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and currently 155lbs... "ultimate" goal of 120 (which I haven't been in close to 20 years.

There's a small group of use shorties here... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81698-fit-fun-sized-group

:bigsmile:

Forgot to add - sorry I don't really have any good pictures here at work.
  • happypait16
    Options
    I'm 5'3" so not far off I guess. I weigh 140 and weigh the most I ever have! I've grown up with friends who can eat whatever they want whenever they want and not have to worry about fitting into their jeans the next day. One of my friends and I have decided to lose weight. We both wanna look great in our itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellos polka dot bikinis:) ha