Replacing Meat with Veggie Alternative to aid weightloss

Options
I am not a militant Veggie although raised Vegan I have Mostly ate meat for most of the last 20 years. Sorryfor the long Post Its not an ad I do not work Quorn it happens to be the brand that I use the most. Generic Supermarket Veggie mince etc will work I just personally prefer the taste and texture of Quorn

I have found that when losing weight replacing Meat with a meat replacement is a lot lower in calories and has a lot less fat. I can eat more food and still eat less calories.

For example.

Tonight I ate Wholewheat Pasta with homemade Tomatoes and peppers sauce with Quorn Meatballs
! had 10 meatballs a large portion only 154 calories and only 3g Fat
The same with meat based meatballs would have been 488 Calories and 38g Fat

I often have Spaghetti Bol

Made with about 150g of Quorn Mince which is 158 Cals and 3g FAt
150g of Beef Mince Can vary from 275 cals for Lean Steak Mince with only 9% fat
To 435cals for a fairly standard Mince with about 18% fat

Quorn Steak Strips I use is StirFry 108cals per 100g 2.4g Fat
Beef Rump Steak Strips 214 cals for 103g 9g Fat

Switching To a meat replacement for standard Meals means that I am essentially eating the same quantity of food but cutting out hundreds of calories and a tonne of fat in an instant.

Of Cause I have also replaced sugar with sweeteners and Coke with diet Coke etc but I am eating the same as ever. I have lost 4 pound so far.

I used this method to lose 70lb over a 18month period from 2009 - 2011. I only put it back on when a bout of bad health and medication with a side effect of weight gain and increased appetite led to me regaining the weight in the last 12 months.