Need a good work out video.

Options
My gym isn't opening up for another month. I am stoked to start going but I want to get started right away. I am just planning on doing cardio for a few months then get into some strength as well.
So what I was wondering is if anyone has a name of a REALLY good cardio workout dvd or something that I can do at home. Something really fun, maybe has some good music and something that i dont have to go out and buy anything else like weights. I have a yoga ball and a stepper.
I have Billy Blanks Amped, and it's pretty good but I get bored and would like to switch it up a bit.
Appreciate your help!
Thanks!!!

Replies

• thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Beachbody's Slim in 6 is a good cardio/strength training workout..........but the music isn't very good! lol
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is an indoor cardio workout. There are no weights - you just use your body. I find it to be a pretty good workout. :smile:
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan on Jillian Micheals 30day shred, but you use hand weights. I've seen fast and super results. Its only 20 minutes per day. There is a 3 pack of her videos at costco, with the burn fat cardio (40 min) and another 'target area's dvd.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Thats Great thanks everyone. I just looked up reviews of Jillaian's work outs and I have seen nothing but great reviews. I am going to give it a try! I am super stoked to try them out.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    Beachbody's Slim in 6 is a good cardio/strength training workout..........but the music isn't very good! lol
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels DVDs, 30DS and BFBM are both great! I used soup cans as weights for the first few weeks with 30DS. I also did it for 2 or 3 month free OnDemand!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Check out the free workout videos at http://www.exercisetv.tv/. Lots of fun cardio and dance videos.
  • jweyand
    Options
    ROFLMAO at the slim in 6 music. I'm currently doing the slim in 6 (on the ramp it up version now) and I really like them. I still have to foce myself to push play and actually do them everyday but once I get going I really like it. Sometimes the sound of her breathing grates on my nerves as it sounds like she's doing lamaze class breathing
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Check out your local library to borrow fitness DVDs. I found a bunch. Also if you are a comcast subscriber, onDemand has some fitness videos, including a Jillian one.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan on Jillian Micheals 30day shred, but you use hand weights. I've seen fast and super results. Its only 20 minutes per day. There is a 3 pack of her videos at costco, with the burn fat cardio (40 min) and another 'target area's dvd.
    +1 :smile:
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    lol. So I just did The Banish Fat video... well actually I just did 20 min of it. wow. That is a good work out. I hope tomorrow I can do 30! Thanks for all your advice.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    lol. So I just did The Banish Fat video... well actually I just did 20 min of it. wow. That is a good work out. I hope tomorrow I can do 30! Thanks for all your advice.

I have a really hard time with that DVD. The Biggest Loser DVDs I've seen have this great set up where you can choose "warm up" "circuit 1" "cool down" etc and I really wish her DVD had that too. I can't do it all. I LOVE the first circuit though. The second circuit is most of the cardio from 30 Day Shred levels 1-3