Any fitness equipment you can't live without?

Options

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Pullup bar - The only item that I could not work around not having. I could deal with not having any weights just fine.

Running shoes OR treadmill - Push comes to shove I could do BW cardio circuits instead. But, I need my running shoes to run outside but run barefoot on my treadmill at home, so would need one or the other to run.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My own body

I was going to say my legs...

But if you wanted a serious answer, I'd say something that allows you to walk (stair climber, treadmil, etc.)
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    my padded mat! my music.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    My iPod for music and a great pair of headphones. I also love my gym membership.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone said a chin up bar so i'll say that.

I think a set of free weights is also an excellent idea but perhaps not practicle space wise for some people. I'd say a bowflex or something like that is close enough to get decent results.

But those options might be for someone with enough experience to do thier own routines. if you just starting out, a gym membership with some kind of instuction or a work out dvd series might be a good option. Some DVDs like insanity don't require addtional equipment even.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    a gym membership
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It would have been this...
    A barbell and weight.

But now, it's this...
    Gym membership or a squat rack and bench press with fully loaded plate rack.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My powerblocks, resistance bands (big, heavy ones, not neon coloured surgical tubing), stability ball and TRX...these are a few of my favorite things : )
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit and running shoes. Toss in a couple light dumbbells (1 lb. and 3 lb) plus some stretchy/resistance bands and I'm good. :)
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you've never done it, maybe a few sessions with a personal trainer specifically to practice heavy lifting. Heavy lifting has some incredible benefits, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without some time practicing your form under a good trainer's watch.
  • madworld1
    Options
    Treadmill, running shoes, and free weights.
  • TheJustPull
    Options
    Treadmill and something to distract me while I run. Lately it's been scandal season one on netflix
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my fitbit. I wear it every day and it even tracts sleep. Since starting to wear it I increased my walking to over 5 miles every day! It costs $100, is the size of 1/2 a finger and even says "Good Mormning Cindy" to me
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    not sure if these count as equipment but, comfortable shoes, and an exercise ball!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My POLE!!! :love:
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    a cheap canvas army bag full with 75kgs of sand in it! then roll with it baby!!!!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    my 5 and 10lb dumbells, my yoga mat and stability ball. they're portable, usable in small spaces and just about anywhere.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    suit, cap. goggles, swimp3 :) LOVE TO SWIM
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Kitchen scale. Seriously.
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Doorway pullup bar