1/3 of the way there! (or: 50 down. 100 to go.)

Options
Hi everybody!

This is my first post here; I'm praying I get this right. A little background: I've been overweight almost my entire life, and always made the promise to commit to losing weight after I moved out. When that opportunity finally came, at the end of high school, I knew I had to follow through with my promise – I'd been making it for at least 4 years! I moved into an apartment back in August, right before starting my freshman year of college. I've been making gradual but consistent changes to my diet and going to the gym, and I'm already nearly 50 pounds down!

I'm one of those people that has the hardest time seeing the change in the mirror, but I can finally really see it in photos, which is better than nothing!

Here's a before-and-during. The photo on the left is probably from ~June 2012. (Needless to say, it's HORRIBLE, but it was one of those photos that got me thinking that I needed to start losing weight.) The photo on the right is from last night. :)

ScreenShot2012-12-09at43855PM-1.jpg

It's sometimes discouraging to realize that I still have quite a ways to go (especially because I've hit a bit of a "plateau" with finals, etc. keeping me away from the gym), but remembering that I'm 1/3 of the way there is great motivation!! :smile:

EDIT: Forgot to mention!! I don't have many friends on here, so if you want, feel free to add me.

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Thank you for sharing :bigsmile:
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!! I can definitely see a difference! Whenever I get discouraged, I find it helpful to break it down into chunks, so rather than thinking "I still have 100lbs to lose" which can be daunting, you can create 5 mini 20lb goals for yourself.

Feel free to add me if you like. I'm very active with my MFP friends and log on every day :smile:
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    There is an incredible difference already, great job! Keep pushing :flowerforyou:
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Well done on the loss! You look much happier and you can tell a huge difference in the weight loss as well! I wish you good luck in losing the rest. I have sent you are request.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Wow. What amazing work you have done so far! You look absolutely gorgeous and when you get to your goal, you're going to be beating off the guys with a stick.
  • lili89
    lili89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    wow what an amazing transformation so far :) you look fantastic and good luck! feel free to add me
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go .,.. keep up the good work!
  • gigibenton
    gigibenton Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! 50 lbs is quite impressive!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You've come so far already. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look amazing in your second picture, you have a really pretty face and you can so notice the difference. Keep up the fantastic work.
  • frefrebelle
    frefrebelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - well done!

Good luck with the rest, you can do it :)

Feel free to friend me if you would like, I'm 50ish pounds downa nd have about 25/30 to g...which will take me a long time, I'm going very slow.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You are a beauty! Congratulations!
  • aclar44
    Options
    You're doing fantastic!
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Great job!! ^__^ and you're looking great ^^ Before you know it, you'll be 2/3 of the way there and then you'll have to start "worrying' about maintaining ;)
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    you are doing awesome, keep up the great job, i'm so proud of you
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work. You look fantastic!
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    So, you not only lost weight, you avoided the dreaded freshman 20 lb weight gain tat most people see when they leave home for the first time. Good for you!
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    Great job! I also had about 150 lbs to lose when I started 4 1/2 months ago, and I agree it is much easier to think of it in three 50 lb increments! Kudos to you for deciding to make this change now while you are young. I just turned 43, and think how much easier life would have been if I would have overcome my weight issues in my 20's. Keep it up, I'm proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous!! Keep up the good work..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!