Question!

Options
So I had a protein/fruit smoothie for lunch around 1230....but will be going to the gym at 4....I'm hungry now, which means i'll be starving by the time I get to the gym....what is a good pre-gym snack or small meal to eat that won't be too heavy on my stomach??

Replies

• gcr_32
    Options
    Personally, I think the best way to do it, is to try not let yourself go hungry, smaller meals but more of them, thats what I have been doing the last few weeks, working ok.

Best way is to try a few things and see what best suits you.

GCR
  • lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Lara Bars...I usually eat one an hour before I exercise and I feel like it gives me an extra boost of energy. They are mostly made of dates which are a good source of natural energy.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Love the list from Nillushuja! Thanks!
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I like Laura and Luna bars. Or grab a boiled egg and a handful of almonds. It doesn't have to be rocket science. As long as you don't down a t-bone steak before you workout I think you'll be in good shape :)
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    thanks guys! Larabars are my favorite and thats what I was gonna go with if I didn't get any answers, glad I was making the right choice! lol
  • Rage23
    Options
    One thing to remember whey protein is fast acting. its meant to flow through your body quickly to replenish your muscles after a workout. you want casein if its not for an after workout booster. here is a link to learn more.

http://www.nutritionexpress.com/showarticle.aspx?articleid=787
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Egg and toast
    Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt
    Apple and cheese
    1 Tbs peanut butter
    Cup of tomato soup or chicken noodle
    Some sardines
    Small salad with legumes and / or quinoa
  • mmddwechanged