Not eating enough?

nickkehagias
nickkehagias Posts: 51
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys, just a quick question.

How do I know if I'm not getting enough of a caloric intake per day? I'm a pretty fit person, I lift everyday, try to run 2 miles or so (give or take .5 depending on the day) etc. I keep pretty strict count of my calories each day, and it seems like lately, MFP has been totalling my daily intake to around 1400- 2000, when it says my daily intake should be roughly 2400.

I feel fine, i work out hard during the day, so come night time I'm ready to fall asleep pretty quickly, but I've always seen that as a benefit of working hard. I've been keeping a closer eye on it lately, to make sure that I get enough protein, but besides that, I eat 3 meals a day, plus two healthy snacks(or a protein shake/bar/whatever). It may be that I'm slightly underestimating the amount of breakfast I eat, but certainly not by a few hundred to a thousand calories.

Just looking for some outside opinions on it. The whole reason I've started counting my carbs was really to just start lowering my BF% to my goal of 8-12%, but the numbers have me a little confused right now. I'd appreciate anything anyone could tell me.

Thanks

Replies

• Honestly, you should probably aim for around 2000, if you're doing that much exercise. I would say 1400 is a little too low. But don't sweat it if you don't quite get up to 2400. If you feel good, I wouldn't worry about a few hundred calories. :)
  • There are sites you can go on where you enter your weight, height, sex, age, and your level of fitness. It'll do this crazy math problem and spit out what you burn on an average day.
This discussion has been closed.