Will My Cup Size Go Down?

Options
I just joined today so hopefully I am posting in the right place :)

I'm 5'1 and hoping to lose around 88 pounds I'm currently a 34/36 DD in bras (usually just wear victoria's secret or la senza)
What are the chances of me becoming an A/B cup after losing the amount of weight I'd like?
Thanks! :)

Replies

• LeighAnna115
    Options
    Don't know about an A or B cup but you should lose weight in your chest. Pretty much all women do when they lose weight, it tends to be the first thing to go!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    No one can really answer that for you. Everyone is different.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to report that mine did :)
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Mine did, although I'm still stuck with DDs.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    This is so funny. A lot of people say they lose weight and their boobs are the first places to see a change. I have never lost weight in my breast. I asked my hubby that this morning.. "have u seen a change have they gone down" He said not a chance. I'm a 36 DDD when I started. I'm a 34 DDD. It's hard getting bras in my size. I have lost 35 pounds none of it from my chest. Good luck. I doubt if u do lose any it would be to a b or a cup.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hoping to lose mine!!!

Many women have stated they've lost some boobage and yes that this is usually the first place they begin to see loss. I'm all for it, being a DD+ myself atm. I was around a D cup when I started gaining all this weight. Will certainly help clear up some minor back pain :happy:
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    Yes your bra size will get smaller.
  • DonnaVSG
    DonnaVSG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I've lost 110 lbs an went from a 42 G to a 36 G. :sad: I wish I could be a C or D cup.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs and my cup size is the same. Just the width around has changed went from a 38 to a 34..
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My band size went down...but not the cup... :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: But it all depends on what your body will do..so..really..no one can tell ya either way!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'm pulling for you...:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ILoveMyLifeee
    Options
    They sadly run in the family as well :( after reading everything hopefully they decide to follow the rest of my body and shrink a bit! I guess I'll find out for sure when I hit my goal :)
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say. Some women have lots of dense breast tissue and other women have less and their breasts are more fatty. I've always been a 36D. I've been really really thin for me (115) and I've gone down to a C Cup but never any smaller than that. I was up to a 40E when I was nursing. I've had a breast reduction and am now back to my original 36D and I recently gained 10 pounds. I can tell you that with this recent gain, a lot of it has gone BACK into my chest and when I lose it, I will probably be more of a full C/Small D.

I'm sure your band width will decrease with some weight loss and you will definately decrease in your cup size. It's just hard to say how much..
  • sweetie_pi88
    sweetie_pi88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's false that all women will lose weight in their chest as they lose. I'm down 25lbs and I still remain the same cup size. It depends on how you lose weight, where you lose it. If you do it the healthy way, slowly & over time your cup size will most likely remain the same or only decrease by a cup.
  • karacita
    karacita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    D Cup size hasn't changed a bit for me (lost 16 lbs so far)....
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You won't know until you lose the weight.
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It didnt happen for me, Im 22kgs (49lbs) down, whilst my band size has gone down, my cup size has stayed the same.
  • katiedidit1
    katiedidit1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so individual. Mine are shrinking a bit. But my band size hasn't changed yet. I feel like they're deflating:laugh:
    So you will just have to wait and see and love yourself either way:heart:
  • LennieRose
    LennieRose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 lbs 51 if you include the 11 I lost before MFP and have gone from a 38DD to a 36C.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what your body will do, but here's why mine is doing. My band size is smaller, therefore my chest is much smaller, but the cup size hasn't changed. For a while it went up. Now it's back to DDD. So far I'm down 46 lbs, but I've still got a way to go, hopefully, by the time I get down to my final size they will be smaller.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you are a DD, I don't think you'll loose that much. You may get to a C, but that depends on how much weight you plan to loose. I'm now a 40 D and always wore a 50 DD before I started loosing weight. Of course, I never went and had myself measured for a decent bra before now. I really think I was bigger than that.