shoulder surgery

Options
I have dropped 15 lbs 250 to 235 since the end of Sept. I am having shoulder surgery for the second time in a year. I hope i can maintain the weight loos. I would like to get to 190 for a good starting point. may have to loose more but will know when i get to my goal weight. All i can do is cardio it is working just need to keep changing it up.

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I had shoulder surgery about 27 years ago. I'm so glad I did it, but it's definitely a challenge to maintain it. I wish I knew then what I know now about fitness. Good luck with the surgery and rehabilitation afterward.
  • JonTheOrt
    Options
    I just had foot surgery. With the lower half of the body containing most of the large muscle groups I've been struggling to maintain the loss that I had in the two months prior to the surgery. I can't do much without risk to the incision right now so I'm just trying to maintain enough calories so that I'm not sacrificing my recovery but not gaining either. It is a significant challenge. At least with a shoulder you should be able to comfortably walk briskly after a few days so long as you properly secure the arm.
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at rotator cuff surgery next month, too. makes me mad because I am just getting to where I am getting to a good place physically. It's gonna be hard to keep making gains when I can't lift or do much of anything else for at least 6 weeks.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for shoulder surgery. I have too much pain for upper body resistance. It even hurts to wash my hair and dress myself. But I have been enjoying mfp threads, tracking my food, seeing results!!! Yay!!! And taki g care of myself. Would love it if one of you would message me with the shoulder surgery details:). Apparently I will not be able to lift above shoulder height again.