Jillian Micheals 30 day shred!!!!

Options
Hi everyone.. I was doing some research on Jillian Micheals workout DVDs and found the 30 day shred .. I was wondering is it really as good as it says it is .. I mean do u really see results in 30 days.. it says you lose 20 lbs. in 30 day now I know thats on an average .. but do you really see results and is it worth buying??? How long each day do u need to use it and for how many days per week??? Is it something that will be loud .. I live in an apartment on 2nd floor and I dont want to be jumping and stuff ... so is it something that is loud?? I mean my kids cant even play without my neighbors below complaining so I dont want to add to it!!! I just want to hear any success stories from this DVD if anyone has any... please share with me or even any unsuccessful stories are welcome too .. even some tips .. Thank you in advance!!!

Replies

• SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I've been on the shred for about a week now and I love it. There is quite a bit of jumping included in the cardio circuits (jumping jacks, jump rope and butt kicks) so I usually make a bit of noise during the workout. Even after a week I am "toning" up. I was suprised to start seeing results so quickly.

PS: Jillian is a lot nicer on the DVD than she is on BL!
  • abursey1
    Options
    I am starting Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred today and I love it! I have seen great results! I have lost 4.5" off my waist, 2" off my bust and 1" off my hips and have lost a total of 15lbs! It's a really great work out! You should totally try it!
  • Adam13523
    Options
    Maybe you could determine when your neighbors are away and do it then or talk to them and explain that it will only be 20 minutes a day and see if you can find a time when its not disturbing to them.
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this DVD too, I've currently got a knee injury at the moment though, so i don't think it will be wise for me right now, but i love to hear people success stories too!!!
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this DVD too, I've currently got a knee injury at the moment though, so i don't think it will be wise for me right now, but i love to hear people success stories too!!!

It would be tough to do with a knee injury...it's pretty high-impact.

I discovered that I am not tough enough to do this workout more than 2-3 times a week. That may be because I also run, and so between the two of them, I just can't take that much impact. It's taken me about 30 days to get to day 6 of Level two. I've lost about 10 lbs and multiple inches. I think 2.5-3 inches from my waist, about 2 inches from my hips, an inch and a cup size ( :sad: ) from my bust. So yeah, it's a really good workout!!
  • kels0724
    kels0724 Posts: 136
    Options
    I did my official day 1 of level 1 today and I loved it! It was challenging, yet totally doable if you worked hard! I am looking forward to the results!

I am beginning to train for a triathlon and using the shred to get stronger overall- which i am sure will help with all aspects of the tri. I am also not weighing myself or measuring for the 30 days! I am looking forward to seeing good results by working hard everyday!
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How do you know when you should go to the next level?
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I do 10 days at each level. If I try level 3 in two days, and find it too difficult, I may start back over at level one and progress that way. Generally if you can't keep up or complete multiple moves you'll know its too hard! :) I'm seeing great results too!
  • marjaskow
    Options
    My daughter bought the 30 day shred & I do it with her. I too have bad knees so when there is jumping involved I just tweak it a bit so I am still moving along with it during those parts. It's only 20 minutes of working out at a time, but you'll work up quite a sweat. We also have her burn fat boost metabolism DVD. Really tough, but good too for an advanced workout. If you need lower impact for knees or don't want the jumping, Leslie Sansone 5 mile fat burning walk is great. You can do anywhere from 1-5 miles of "walking" at 12 minutes per mile. It really isn't regualr walking, but constant moving all over. Anyone can do this one.
  • marjaskow
    Options
    It seems the levels should be harder as you advance, but I've done all three and actually thought the second was easier than the first. I do 2 & 3 most often.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i just started it yesterday but has anyone tried her detox?